Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been working alot recently and not 100% when this happened, but recently, I have noticed that both of my ATI cards on the same computer are not running at 100%. I have an APU where I have the 6550D intergrated folding and also my 6670 Radeon Discrete folding, and generally they both run at 100%, but recently it looks like they are running around 40-60% and my PPD are defintly not as high as they used to be. Where I used to be around 6k and now they are like 1.5k PPD a day....

I am not sure what is wrong, I have both drivers updated on the videocard as well as the newest [email protected] client.. and it was doing it with my previous client and my previous catalyst drivers.

I tried to do a search on the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem, but I wasn't sure on which key words to type to even find simular threads with other people having the same problems. I have been finding general problems like "ATi is worst then Nvidia" but not a specific problem like this one.

I hope someone knows the solution or could redirect me to the correct place to fix this.

Thankyou.

·
!
9,170 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post

I am not sure what is wrong, I have both drivers updated on the videocard as well as the newest [email protected] client.. and it was doing it with my previous client and my previous catalyst drivers.
Thats the problem, the vid drivers. See the link juano provided.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhhh thanks guys!! was trying to use the steps they said, it seems like ATIman does not work properly for me, for some reason it crashes on me! and my videodrivers doesn't default to 800x600 so i know it didn't uninstall properly....

ahhh well.. i'll just wait until the next catalyst drivers and hopefully it will all fix itself someday

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Soon core 16 for AMD cards will be phased out in favor of core 17.
Core 17 should perform much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts