Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why don't you fold moar?

What's holding me back? Its my GPUs noise. The GTX 560 Ti reference cooler is loud. But as
soon as I put them under water its 24/7 for them.

BTW anyone got a full coverage block for a GTX 560 Ti to sell me?
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
667 Posts
Uhhhhh....

I fold 24/6.999 on all the available hardware. The 0.0001 day is for defragmenting, cache clearing and occasional restarts.
I even tried putting the 6670 to work, except that the [email protected] client refuses to acknowledge its existence.

I guess I could up my processor multiplier, but I won't go above 47x!
yes I will

But I do the best with what I've got
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeNF View Post

Because my dad gets scared that my PC might short overnight or while we are out of the house and catch the house on fire.
Not to pick on your dad, but where do people get this idea? Computers do not spontaneously catch fire. Nor do they explode. Or emit radiation that causes cancer. I've left my computers running 24/7 for the last 13 years. And not one has caught fire.

Does he unplug the refrigerator when he leaves the house?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post

Not to pick on your dad, but where do people get this idea? Computers do not spontaneously catch fire. Nor do they explode. Or emit radiation that causes cancer. I've left my computers running 24/7 for the last 13 years. And not one has caught fire.
Does he unplug the refrigerator when he leaves the house?
I have no idea actually. I might question him about it someday and fold since I really don't do anything with my PC while I sleep.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
My computer is currently being a tard and giving me -***- about OC'ing. When it's all stable, I'll be going 24/7
thumb.gif

·
Registered
572 Posts
because i have to sleep with it,
and becasue my GPU is dying 560ti and one of the DVI outs has gone to the gods ha, bit strange though
headscratch.gif

·
a turkey is a bad man
6,432 Posts
I have so much more gear I wish I could run 24/7 but the price of electricity I just can't do it. $1000 electricity bills suck

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Power consumption. I do live in an area where power is "cheap", but since I don't pay for the electricity I use, I feel like I am taking advantage of my parent's monetary resources.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts