Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm trying to rename some of my music folders and it says their all in use? I'm checking everything and I can't find them open in anything.

This is all legal music too, so It's not open in a torrent app or anything like that.

:/ How do I fix this fellas?

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Do you have or have you had any applications in the past to manage your music? Check to make sure that none of those are running.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh this is actually pissing me off hardcore.

I swear I have OCD when it comes to keeping my PC neatly organized and when I can't rename my folders I get piiiisssed.

Anyways, I killed all my processes an still get the problem... I was using FOOBAR a while ago but I uninstalled it like 2 weeks ago (Havn't tried renaming my folders since then) so maybe it's causing the problem I don't know :/

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Run process explorer and I believe that will show you what threads are open by what application.

So it should tell you what program has these files open

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145
View Post

Run process explorer and I believe that will show you what threads are open by what application.

So it should tell you what program has these files open

Process explorer? how do I go about running that?

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Google. Its on the microsoft sysinternals website

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.