Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished WU a few mins ago and now I noticed that this new one is never using more than 50% of the CPU it only goes from 47.6-50.1%. Do some project only use half of the CPU?

I've seen this before but it always went up to 100% after a hour or so. I'm using the console client with the -SMP switch

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by emc_2
View Post

I just finished WU a few mins ago and now I noticed that this new one is never using more than 50% of the CPU it only goes from 47.6-50.1%. Do some project only use half of the CPU?

I've seen this before but it always went up to 100% after a hour or so. I'm using the console client with the -SMP switch

If you have HFM.net installed can you take a screenshot? It'd be nice to see your TPF (time per frame), and the project number. It sounds like you don't have a regular SMP WU. Depending on which WU you have you may need to delete the work from the folder, and queue.dat, and restart the client.

Try -smp #, where # is the number of cores in your machine. If that doesn't work, try reducing # by 1. e.g. If you have a CPU that supports 4 threads, put -smp 4, and if that doesn't work, try -smp 3.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here you go.

P.S. Anyone know how I can force HFM.net to reload the stats? I have it set to reload every 10 mins but it never does.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkickninja
View Post

so have you added the -smp flag in the shortcut? and if you could try to fill out your system specs.

This is the shortcut: C:\\Users\\Admin\\Documents\\FAH6.30-win32-SMP\\FAH6.exe -smp -config

Specs are:

Pentium T4300 @ 2.1GHz

RAM: 4GB

GPU: Intel GMA 4500

If you want any more info just say so.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Added -smp 2. Still @ 50%

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbudden
View Post

122PPD?

x2 244PPD
It's not even worth to fold.

I know... but I have both of my laptops on all night. So they can do something useful for 9 hours

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy
View Post

Oh and did you register for a passkey yet so you can become bonus point eligible?

No I didn't. How do I do that and doesn't the WU have to be finished in 48 hours to qualify for a bonus?

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbudden
View Post

122PPD?

x2 244PPD
It's not even worth to fold.

When he is folding SMP he'll get more points, probably somewhere closer to 1.5k PPD I'd guess.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy
View Post

Ok stop the WU you're on. Delete your work folder and queue.dat and restart the client.

I deleted everything. On a sidenote (noob question I know) do the larger WU's give more points/ take longer to complete?

EDIT: Deleting everything and following the guide mbudden linked.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright... I followed the guide mbudden linked and now its @ 100% (minus a few % from the misc background apps) and now the process is FahCore_a3 instead of FahCore_b4. That sound right?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts