Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've just restarted folding on my sig rig!

Stopped after my computer started BSODing me every time I did something GPU intensive. (although clocking it down below stock helped out) Turned out my heatsink on my GPU was completely blocked by dust and the fan could barely push air though
. Well now that it's all good I'm back into the game and gonna try to reclaim my previous place (199)!


And what's with the EVGA team? There seems to be a lot of post about them, where do they come from exactly? I haven't noticed them before and they seem to be moving up quickly.

Another question, is there a way to receive longer GPU WU's? Because my internet get's cut off from time to time (College residence's internet) and sometimes I miss a couple of hours of folding since it cannot get a new WU.

Anyways, Fold On!
 

·
Retired/disabled.
Joined
·
1,935 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Shadow_UGZ
View Post

Hey guys,
I've just restarted folding on my sig rig!

Stopped after my computer started BSODing me every time I did something GPU intensive. (although clocking it down below stock helped out) Turned out my heatsink on my GPU was completely blocked by dust and the fan could barely push air though
. Well now that it's all good I'm back into the game and gonna try to reclaim my previous place (199)!


And what's with the EVGA team? There seems to be a lot of post about them, where do they come from exactly? I haven't noticed them before and they seem to be moving up quickly.

Another question, is there a way to receive longer GPU WU's? Because my internet get's cut off from time to time (College residence's internet) and sometimes I miss a couple of hours of folding since it cannot get a new WU.

Anyways, Fold On!


Welcome back and fold on...There are a few post about some new WUs out that run for 4-5hrs for GPUs(havent got one yet) and they run cooler as well. Team EVGA has climbed the latter real fast and will overtake us in under 1yr even though we have been producing 2.2-2.4 mil ppd for OCN. Read around lots of good new and fun.

Chuck D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,938 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Shadow_UGZ
View Post

Hey guys,
I've just restarted folding on my sig rig!

Stopped after my computer started BSODing me every time I did something GPU intensive. (although clocking it down below stock helped out) Turned out my heatsink on my GPU was completely blocked by dust and the fan could barely push air though
. Well now that it's all good I'm back into the game and gonna try to reclaim my previous place (199)!


And what's with the EVGA team? There seems to be a lot of post about them, where do they come from exactly? I haven't noticed them before and they seem to be moving up quickly.

Another question, is there a way to receive longer GPU WU's? Because my internet get's cut off from time to time (College residence's internet) and sometimes I miss a couple of hours of folding since it cannot get a new WU.

Anyways, Fold On!


Make sure to set the -advmethods flag. There are some really long WU's, 1680 pointers, coming in now.


EVGA has been copming up since some Blade servers have been folding for them 1 Million PPD just inservers.
We'll get them though.


Edit: Forgot to say welcome back. Competition is fierce now. Beware.
 

·
Senior Overclocker
Joined
·
5,132 Posts
welcome back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
View Post

Make sure to set the -advmethods flag. There are some really long WU's, 1680 pointers, coming in now.


EVGA has been copming up since some Blade servers have been folding for them 1 Million PPD just inservers.
We'll get them though.


Edit: Forgot to say welcome back. Competition is fierce now. Beware.


Yeah I already added "-advmethods" and I got a longer WU although it's only giving me 3600PPD instead of 5600PPD..
(Project 5751). Ah well.

I don't think EVGA stands a chance against us right now, but man are they growing fast...

Thanks guys
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,938 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Shadow_UGZ
View Post

Yeah I already added "-advmethods" and I got a longer WU although it's only giving me 3600PPD instead of 5600PPD..
(Project 5751). Ah well.

I don't think EVGA stands a chance against us right now, but man are they growing fast...

Thanks guys


The 2 new WU's tend to bounce around some, for me anyway. Check the benchmark when it's completed. Also, the GPU folding while still top dog has been knocked back some, unless you are using a 9800GTX and up.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top