Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, is it possible to open up a VMplayer through a batch file?

If so, can someone help me make one to open up Fahmon, 2 VM clients, and 1 GPU client.

I can get the GPU client and Fahmon, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the VMclients to open up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,848 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Gizmo
View Post

First off, is it possible to open up a VMplayer through a batch file?

If so, can someone help me make one to open up Fahmon, 2 VM clients, and 1 GPU client.

I can get the GPU client and Fahmon, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the VMclients to open up.

are you calling the vmx?
"D:\\[email protected]\\OCN [email protected]\\OCN [email protected]"
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya; I get a window to open for a split second that then closes before I can read what it says. Regardless, I can't get the VMPlayers to open.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,848 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Gizmo
View Post

Ya; I get a window to open for a split second that then closes before I can read what it says. Regardless, I can't get the VMPlayers to open.

 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Gizmo

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,848 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Completely lost on your syntax Hueristic, but I've always adored your location.

As for Mad J, I don't know much about batch files, but I know the virtual machine file I want to open has the extension .vmx, which I always thought was what was giving me issues. Is it possible to tell the rig to open 2 copies of virtual machine, then direct it to the vmx files?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,030 Posts
You're lucky I've been making [email protected] installers that are unfortunately illegal to post for now; here you go:

<path to vmware player>\\vmplayer.exe -x "<path to .vmx>\\folding.vmx"

I'm actually using this make registry entries

For the other clients, you should make them start at their location. This means, first "cd" to the directory and then run it to be on the safe side.

Soon, hopefully, I will have a tutorial on running them as services, including starting and stopping them with .bat files for ease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,727 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by MadCatMk2
View Post

You're lucky I've been making [email protected] installers that are unfortunately illegal to post for now; here you go:

<path to vmware player>\\vmplayer.exe -x "<path to .vmx>\\folding.vmx"

I'm actually using this make registry entries

For the other clients, you should make them start at their location. This means, first "cd" to the directory and then run it to be on the safe side.

Soon, hopefully, I will have a tutorial on running them as services, including starting and stopping them with .bat files for ease.

What about running them with admin rights? Thats what always messes me up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,848 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Gizmo
View Post

Completely lost on your syntax Hueristic, but I've always adored your location.

As for Mad J, I don't know much about batch files, but I know the virtual machine file I want to open has the extension .vmx, which I always thought was what was giving me issues. Is it possible to tell the rig to open 2 copies of virtual machine, then direct it to the vmx files?

WEL #@%@#^%@#$ I just put my coffee up to answer this and it fell all over me and my kybd
will clean up and post in a minut.

`
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top