Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just initiated 2 console clients to run on my phenom, I set affinity to dedicate a core to each. Between the two of them its estimating 626ppd, so does this seem right?

Im new to cpu folding.

Edit: Phenom is at 3.7.

Edit 2: Also on a 420 point wu, my gtx260 states 5661ppd????

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok got the 420 wus up to 7420, had to set the core as the same affinity as the client for the 260.

Now does my cpu folding seem right?

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
The cpu score is low, but it will be with that client.

Try running the SMP client instead. It is way faster than the regular cpu client.

• Rep+
Reactions: vwgti

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
Unintentional Double Post

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
yeah the ppd from the cpu client seems really low versus what you could be getting, as slappa said use SMP client, and don't forget the -smp flag, it'll put you at around 2000+ ppd on that CPU

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where would I add this -smp flag? and also how do I limit it to three cores? Or do I have to install a seperate smp client per core?

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to dp, but I just installed the smp client, and seems just like the console client. One instance per core, but does this mean I need to install it multiple times to different directories to utilize it? Im confused, one instance runing using one core after setting affinity, prior to affinity still averaged to one core being used.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You can add the -smp flag by following this guide. Remember to turn your client off before you make any changes. Once you get that done your probably gonna need to delete your queue.dat file and work folder, both of which can be found in the folder where you installed the SMP client. Upon restart you should see [email protected] either download an A1 or A2 core, if not then you didn't get the above steps done right.

One instance of the SMP client will utilize 4 cores, but you can change the -smp flag to meet the amount of cores you've got. Let's say I've got an 8 core system, all I would need to do is change the -smp flag to -smp 8 (remember the space in between). It's not a guaranteed way of getting a wu that will be optimized for 8 cores but it will help you get the most ppd out of your system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts