Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning everyone. I figured I should make a public post in regards to why everything has been so slow moving from my perspective.

I am sure I told a few individuals, but as of February, I relocated for a new job, meaning I finally got out of my parents basement, so to speak lol. As such, the new job seemed to have initially granted access to to more resources to allow me to perform my Folding Editor (and Forum Moderator) duties. Well as we all know, Covid happened. And as such, many public websites are now blocked, in order to conserve bandwidth.

For everyone's awareness, all of the assets that we utilized for the folding events, with the exception of the photos and my FaT template, are hosted through either @axipher 's resources, or through google drive, which I currently do not have access to. I have been able to mostly work around this in my spurts of telework, but lately, my employer has been requiring me to work onsite. All the meanwhile, I am still trying to make time for myself to go to the doctor (hooray for a messed up hip), cook dinner, exercise, and other general cleaning stuff, now that I live by myself. And in addition, I am doing everything I can to coordinate with my ANG base back at home to ensure I don't have a bad year for 2020.

Needless to say, I am fairly overwhelmed rn.

No, I am not planning on stepping down. However, I desperately need some help keeping these folding events running. Axipher is busy with his work and with maintaining the backend of the folding sites. @lanofsong has been inactive for a while, and I do hope he's doing alright. So I am looking for nominations for a new folding editor. Primarily, I am looking for individuals who can help me with the administration side of the folding events, who can maintain a good presence during the next several months.

If you know someone who you think would be a good fit for this position, please PM me. You are encouraged to nominate someone aside from yourself, but self nominations will also be accepted.

The PM should fit the following format:

Title: 2020 Folding Editor Nomination
Recipient: Simmons572
Body:
- User Nominated:
- Nomination Justification:

I am not looking for a wall of text, but I am looking for good recommendations. If you do nominate someone else, and that user is selected, I will reach out to the nominee directly and make sure they are alright with it. I do not want any public discussions about nominations, and I hope you all can respect that.

Much appreciated all! :)

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can you explain what exactly is required and the hours you think you need a week to be able to complete this roll?
I study FT and work but i could fit in a few hours a week looking over whatever needs to be looked at etc...
The primary requirement for this is being a regular member on OCN with active involvement in the [email protected] forum. The additional requirements for the folding forum will be assistance with the coordination of the monthly FaT's, as well as providing assistance and guidance with said events.

If you have additional, specific questions, please PM me :thumb:
Some additional information. I know this is vague, but the specifics on time to put in really fluctuate with forum activity and events. That being said, please ask questions, I want to be as transparent about this as possible.

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
Some additional information. I know this is vague, but the specifics on time to put in really fluctuate with forum activity and events. That being said, please ask questions, I want to be as transparent about this as possible.
Could you possibly explain what you think the weekly responsibilities are?
I feel I could do this job and i am very active on this forum.

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you possibly explain what you think the weekly responsibilities are?
I feel I could do this job and i am very active on this forum.
Sure thing. Primarily, the editor roll falls in line with other editor roll positions on the forum. You will be responsible for responding to/reporting specific posts that breech the community ToS, linked at the bottom of the page. Interacting and helping with members that post here, as well as referring them to individuals who are very well versed on a specific topic is encouraged.

Additional duties will include coordinating with myself and other active folding staff in regards to events, folding badge submission, and other backend tasks. Due to my inabillity to visit OCN as frequently as I used to, I will also provide new staff additional ways to contact me if questions/issues come up.

So really, for the folding position, it will be like a restricted moderator position, with the additional tasking of the folding team specific requirements.

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
Sure thing. Primarily, the editor roll falls in line with other editor roll positions on the forum. You will be responsible for responding to/reporting specific posts that breech the community ToS, linked at the bottom of the page. Interacting and helping with members that post here, as well as referring them to individuals who are very well versed on a specific topic is encouraged.

Additional duties will include coordinating with myself and other active folding staff in regards to events, folding badge submission, and other backend tasks. Due to my inabillity to visit OCN as frequently as I used to, I will also provide new staff additional ways to contact me if questions/issues come up.

So really, for the folding position, it will be like a restricted moderator position, with the additional tasking of the folding team specific requirements.
So how would one go about applying for this position? I believe i have the hours capable to achieve the tasks necessary.
Let me know what you need me to do to apply.

·
Typo Elemental
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So how would one go about applying for this position? I believe i have the hours capable to achieve the tasks necessary.
Let me know what you need me to do to apply.
Please follow the guidelines I posted in the OP. :thumb:

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
PM'd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts