Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention Android users!

I've been folding myself for about 3 years. I've always thought how nice it would be to be able to view all my clients' from my phone and be able to start/stop them from the comfort of my own couch.

So I made an Android app to do just that. Currently, the app lets you add clients (either manually, or let the app try find them for you) and start/stop them, see if they are currently paused, running or ready for a work unit, viewing work unit progress, viewing work unit ETA, setting folding power, and anything else you want.

If this sounds like something you'd be keen on, give the app an install!

I also have another app to view your user/team stats, I would love it if you could check that out also!

Please, leave any feedback in the comments below. I look forward to it!

Happy folding.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Those look neat, thanks for posting. I'll give 'em a try later today when I'm back on wifi, they should be handy.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Thanks! What'd you think of them? I enjoy hearing feedback!
I definitely didn't forget...

Actually added to my to do list now so I should get around to it in the next couple days.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
Definitely following this.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,336 Posts
I'm assuming I would need to get [email protected] setup for remote control for something like this to work? I know that it can be set up to do that, but I currently have to go to the machine it's running on to start and stop it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm assuming I would need to get [email protected] setup for remote control for something like this to work? I know that it can be set up to do that, but I currently have to go to the machine it's running on to start and stop it.
Hi, yes you do. I'll be adding a built in guide to the app at some point. In the meantime, I'm sure the lovely people here would be happy to help!

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I think I set up remote connection correctly, but the tile for the connection is just a gray square that I can't tap on to edit or anything. This is with no password set. @WatsOnTV is that something you've seen before?

Also I checked out your stats app, nice and simple and it works well, but would it be hard to implement a bookmarking system to easily check stats of saved users or teams without having to re-search each time? That would be super nice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think I set up remote connection correctly, but the tile for the connection is just a gray square that I can't tap on to edit or anything. This is with no password set. @WatsOnTV is that something you've seen before?

Also I checked out your stats app, nice and simple and it works well, but would it be hard to implement a bookmarking system to easily check stats of saved users or teams without having to re-search each time? That would be super nice.
Hi, and thanks for checking it out! The grey box is a known error in previous versions of the app. Can you confirm you're running the latest version and no updates are pending in the app store? If so, it would greatly help me debug if you could let me know the following information:

The approximate percentage of time a grey box appears;
The version of [email protected] you are running;
Whether the problematic client is on your LAN or you are accessing via the internet (dyndns or static IP, etc); and
The amount of slots the problematic client has

Thank you in advance!

I'm definitely planning on adding a bookmark feature to the stats app, it's been requested multiple times! I'll do it when I next get a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Hi, and thanks for checking it out! The grey box is a known error in previous versions of the app. Can you confirm you're running the latest version and no updates are pending in the app store? If so, it would greatly help me debug if you could let me know the following information:

The approximate percentage of time a grey box appears;
The version of [email protected] you are running;
Whether the problematic client is on your LAN or you are accessing via the internet (dyndns or static IP, etc); and
The amount of slots the problematic client has

Thank you in advance!

I'm definitely planning on adding a bookmark feature to the stats app, it's been requested multiple times! I'll do it when I next get a chance.
I just installed the app before trying it, so that's as late of a version as it's going to get.
You mean relative to saying "unable to connect" or something else? 100% of the time. Before I set up remote connection correctly, it did tell me so, and it was able to automatically find the client since I was on the same network. Once I set that up correctly however, it would no longer automatically find the client with the scanning feature.
I reinstalled Windows around a week ago so it should be the latest version - 7.6.13.
Was on LAN, but I'm at work now.
Just one GPU slot.

Sounds good on the stats app, I look forward to updates.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,336 Posts
I started to mess around with the remote setup last night, once I realized I had no idea what I was doing I decided that I will just continue to go to the machine when I need to start/stop. It was like the ppd monitoring thing, all over my head and not worth spending the time to figure it out.

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
I started to mess around with the remote setup last night, once I realized I had no idea what I was doing I decided that I will just continue to go to the machine when I need to start/stop. It was like the ppd monitoring thing, all over my head and not worth spending the time to figure it out.
I feel that. I am pretty sure I had a mini stroke trying to get HFM working right.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,336 Posts
I'm sure it's my fault for being an idiot. Even the guides are designed for someone with more knowledge than I have. I've become so used to software that is just one click and it's done that my lack of patience doesn't allow for anything else. I don't expect anyone to make free software that convenient, so I respectfully decline to use it instead of making such an unreasonable request.

That is all in reference to [email protected], I have not tried this android app yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just installed the app before trying it, so that's as late of a version as it's going to get.
You mean relative to saying "unable to connect" or something else? 100% of the time. Before I set up remote connection correctly, it did tell me so, and it was able to automatically find the client since I was on the same network. Once I set that up correctly however, it would no longer automatically find the client with the scanning feature.
I reinstalled Windows around a week ago so it should be the latest version - 7.6.13.
Just one GPU slot.

Huh, very weird. Usually when others got this error, it displayed correctly about 50% of the time. May have something to do with only having one slot. Will do some debugging for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@bigjdubb and @Avacado the following guide is quite simple (edit: for Windows):

There is a part two linked at the bottom of that post related to HFM. Part 1 is enough for my app. If you need any help, just sing out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just one GPU slot.

Found the error! Unfortunately, it might take me a little to fix. There's a lot to be changed. Can you confirm that your GPU slot has an ID that is not 00? If so, that's the error I've found. My app assumes there will always be a slot 00. To quickly fix this, go ahead and remove the GPU slot and add it again. That should reset the ID to 00 and my app will recognize it. Note you may need to remove - save - add. I advise to do this when you finish a work unit so you do not lose those points.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Found the error! Unfortunately, it might take me a little to fix. There's a lot to be changed. Can you confirm that your GPU slot has an ID that is not 00? If so, that's the error I've found. My app assumes there will always be a slot 00. To quickly fix this, go ahead and remove the GPU slot and add it again. That should reset the ID to 00 and my app will recognize it. Note you may need to remove - save - add. I advise to do this when you finish a work unit so you do not lose those points.

Thanks!
Good catch, it is in fact slot 01 as I removed the default CPU slot. I'll do that tonight and report back.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Moved to slot 00, few issues.

When on the overview window, the percentage shows up correctly and updates correctly and instantly. None of the buttons work however, as they just turn the block into the rotating loading animation, and then it refreshes but I can't pause the slot.

When in the detailed view, without touching anything, the progress percentage does not update and after 10 seconds or so the app loses connection until I go back to the overview. Buttons don't work in that menu either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts