Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 320 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by nolonger
View Post

Just tell FahMonitor where the CPU client is on the network. You should be able to navigate to the folder.


Quote:


Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy
View Post

Make sure you have the permissions and sharing set up to the directory as well. Then you can use a command like \\\\{computer name}\\{location of work folder}. For example on Vista for my laptop it's \\\\{Comp Name}\\Users\\{User Name}\\AppData]Roaming\\{folding directory} to locate it. It just depends on the file path to your work folder.

Thanks guys. I got it added. Had to move the FaH folder out of Program Folder into a Shared Folder, but it seems to work. I will update in a bit after it updates.

EDIT:
Here is the information for my Athlon XP +3200, 2.1GHz, single core, Windows XP Home, running CPU client only.

Quote:


Project : 6302
Core : Gromacs
Frames : 100
Credit : 336

-- Barton --

Min. Time / Frame : 19mn 59s - 242.12 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 20mn 00s - 241.92 ppd
Cur. Time / Frame : 20mn 01s - 241.72 ppd
R3F. Time / Frame : 20mn 01s - 241.72 ppd
Eff. Time / Frame : 1h 02mn 58s - 76.84 ppd

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
Did you want me to add the Barton numbers as a separate line in the spreadsheet? If so, you will need to keep that in mind and not delete my Intel numbers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,030 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by grishkathefool
View Post

Did you want me to add the Barton numbers as a separate line in the spreadsheet? If so, you will need to keep that in mind and not delete my Intel numbers.

Yes, add to the spreadsheet. Don't worry, no data will be erased from the spreadsheet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
Done.

Quote:


Project : 3860
Core : Double Gromacs C
Frames : 100
Credit : 742

-- Barton --

Min. Time / Frame : 1h 04mn 15s - 166.30 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 1h 05mn 18s - 163.63 ppd
Cur. Time / Frame : 1h 06mn 07s - 161.61 ppd
R3F. Time / Frame : 1h 05mn 21s - 163.50 ppd
Eff. Time / Frame : 1h 05mn 04s - 164.21 ppd


Quote:


Project : 4457
Core : Gromacs
Frames : 100
Credit : 225

-- Barton --

Min. Time / Frame : 19mn 53s - 162.95 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 25mn 25s - 127.48 ppd
Cur. Time / Frame : 23mn 22s - 138.66 ppd
R3F. Time / Frame : 23mn 25s - 138.36 ppd
Eff. Time / Frame : 25mn 38s - 126.40 ppd

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
Okay, I am trying to learn to fold with VMWare. I have read the threads. However I can't get FaHmon to see the appliance. I tried entering in the IP address in the Location field to no avail. I also tried entering in the Host Name, also to no avail. I am using Notfreds VMPlayer. Any tips?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,119 Posts
Try just entering:
\\\\192.168.2.8\\c\\etc\\folding\\1\\

That was my default one. If there's more than one instance change the 1 to 2.

EDIT: And make sure you check the "Client is on Virtual Machine" box too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
That didn't work. I tried my IP \\\\192.168.78.128. The Hostname it gavce was fold-6FCE, but I can't find a directory tree that works for it. I can confirm that it is running. However, I don't know if it is using both cores x2 or just one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,119 Posts
\\\\FOLD-6FCE\\c\\etc\\folding\\1\\ should work then.

EDIT: Open your VMware player and you should see an IP address 192.168.2.x

Check just to make sure you're using the right address.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

\\\\FOLD-6FCE\\c\\etc\\folding\\1\\ should work then.

EDIT: Open your VMware player and you should see an IP address 192.168.2.x

Check just to make sure you're using the right address.

I am using the address that VMWare showed. Also, Mine is installed on I: not C:, and there is no etc folder.

Let me back up some. What is the point in using the VMWare player? When it is running, both my cores are at 100%, just like when SMP is running. So what is the difference. That is something that I haven't read about yet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,030 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by grishkathefool
View Post

I am using the address that VMWare showed. Also, Mine is installed on I: not C:, and there is no etc folder.

Let me back up some. What is the point in using the VMWare player? When it is running, both my cores are at 100%, just like when SMP is running. So what is the difference. That is something that I haven't read about yet.

The VMWare client is WAY more efficient.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
Okay, I finally figured it out. I had to let the Network window have time to Gain the Fold-6FCE location, then I could browse through it and get the tree.

Can I run VMWare and SMP at the same time or will they conflict?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,030 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by grishkathefool
View Post

Okay, I finally figured it out. I had to let the Network window have time to Gain the Fold-6FCE location, then I could browse through it and get the tree.

Can I run VMWare and SMP at the same time or will they conflict?

It'll be very unproductive because both will be hogging your processor meaning none gets good PPD.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
Okay, well VM has been running for 10 mins or so, FaHmon still shows it as a yellow, at 0%... I will give it a little while longer, I guess, before I wonder what I did wrong.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,030 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by grishkathefool
View Post

Okay, well VM has been running for 10 mins or so, FaHmon still shows it as a yellow, at 0%... I will give it a little while longer, I guess, before I wonder what I did wrong.

CPU folding takes longer than GPU folding. My updates take ~45 minutes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,119 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grishkathefool View Post
Okay, well VM has been running for 10 mins or so, FaHmon still shows it as a yellow, at 0%... I will give it a little while longer, I guess, before I wonder what I did wrong.
Glad to hear you got Fahmon up and running


You should notice a fair PPD increase over the SMP, though more so after you do a few WUs and get used to the VMware.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
FaHmon is showing progress no Notfreds. After it has done a few WUs I will make an entry for it. ATM it is showing ~2400ppd as opposed to the ~1400ppd from SMP.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grishkathefool View Post
FaHmon is showing progress no Notfreds. After it has done a few WUs I will make an entry for it. ATM it is showing ~2400ppd as opposed to the ~1400ppd from SMP.
Awesome! I never knew VMWare could increase PPD by that much! Makes me regret not getting a VM-capable processor.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,119 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nolonger View Post
Awesome! I never knew VMWare could increase PPD by that much! Makes me regret not getting a VM-capable processor.
Yeah man, when i changed to VMware form my CPU it went form 250 to 500PPD


Couldn't get it to play nice with the GPU though, so I'm back to ~250PPD on it now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
I tried running SMP at the same time, renamed it Machine 3 and set it to Low priority. It said Client Died, lol. I am 77% of the way through a WU with SMP, so I think I will let it finish that one, then start notfred in the morning.
 
41 - 60 of 320 Posts
Top