Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm wanting to earn a folding postbit and maybe earn my 1 million points in the next millennium.

I currently have a laptop which is in my sig and nothing else. I am willing to leave my laptop on overnight while I'm sleeping but does it require internet access to work? My dad turns off the router at night for reasons posted in a thread in the networking section.

If the work unit is at least 1% in, I'm fine to work offline and let it run throughout the night? I don't wanna be wasting my laptop's energy if it won't work.

Thanks for any info

/End of recycle.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Yes, it should work fine as long as it has something to work with. No internet access should be required all the way from 1%-100%

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_dalder_I
View Post

ps3 gets about 900ppd if your lucky, its not worth it for the 220watts it consumes while doing it. It would be better to have a old comp with a graphics card folding.

It is worth it. Technically it's much more powerful than graphics cards and actually does folding calculations faster. It's the different work units its given that give lowish PPD.

·
Premium Member
11,541 Posts
Yup. When you connect to the internet, it will upload the finished WU(s). If you are able to time it well, there may be little loss of time where it isn't doing work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.