Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon Everyone,

I've a question for the community. So I'm VERY new to folding, actually I literally just started about two weeks ago with my new build. Anyhow, I've a large pool of idle server resources across various virtual private servers, so I figured it would be great to utilize these resources and fold while they're available. Setting up the client behind UNIX was easy, but my question is more along the lines of having a single folding account / key accredited. If I want to run say twelve different folding clients, can they all be tied to the same name (e.g. my OVN name)? I noticed they accept the same key phrase... but I just want to make sure this will work correctly. Any recommendations or insights would be extremely helpful!

Thanks,
Benjamin

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I run 2 different passkeys with the same team number and username.

Not sure if there is a limit but I do know you need a different email for each passkey request.

·
Professional Lurker
1,140 Posts
Welcome to the team!

I'm pretty sure that you're asking if you can use the same username and passkey in multiple different folding clients. You definitely can!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!!!
smile.gif
It's a pleasure to be apart of this great initiative! I wish I knew about it sooner to be honest.

Okay so that's exactly what I'll do: I've six clients right now setup, and I'll set the same username and passkey across all of them!

Thanks for the input
smile.gif

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminBenj View Post

Awesome, all clients are reporting correctly! Time to hit my first 50k for a badge
smile.gif

Thanks again for the help! +1:thumb:
I know that kind of excitement... I'm close to hitting my first million ^_^

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
I remember the day when it took like... a YEAR to even do 300 some work units! o_O The second team I was a part of I did 384 WUs with a total score of 38,689... That's lower than what I fold PER DAY. Come to think of it, I tend to put out that many points on a gaming heavy day like Saturday.. Course that team I stopped folding for almost ten years ago, but still - scary how much technology has progressed.

·
Premium Member
11,452 Posts
Fold on!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts