Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is folding with ati gpus older than HD series possible? If so, how and/or what client should I use? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Not sure if you can fold with Pre-3800 series.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
not possible

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys, thanks for the quick answer. I have 2-3 cards just sitting around in that radeon 9000 to x1900 range and was wondering if I I could do something with. Any recommendations for a decent nvidia agp folder?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rico2001
View Post

Ok guys, thanks for the quick answer. I have 2-3 cards just sitting around in that radeon 9000 to x1900 range and was wondering if I I could do something with. Any recommendations for a decent nvidia agp folder?

If you want pure folding power, 9800gx2 = 10k PPD for around 200$ on ebay, only hitch is that they dont have warranties.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rico2001
View Post

There's no AGP Nvidia card that if possible to fold with.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny
View Post

There's no AGP Nvidia card that you could fold with.

I didn't read the AGP part, but yea dont bother folding with AGP you need to upgrade. You can get a ATI AGP card capable of folding but its expensive and gets you around ~200PPD.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAD_J
View Post

If you want pure folding power, 9800gx2 = 10k PPD for around 200$ on ebay, only hitch is that they dont have warranties.

I'm an ati guy and not really concerned with how well I fold, just like to help out. I have a few running server pcs that have agp slots so, just figured I'd through a folding client on and help out more. If I had $200 lying around, I'd probably buy another ati card to game with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny
View Post

There's no AGP Nvidia card that if possible to fold with.

Hmm, I can't win.
Oh well I'll continue what I'm current doing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts