Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How long does it usually take to complete a WU?

Also seeing as how long its taking to do this on my PC it probaly wouldn't be worth the time to have a 533MHz Celeron system folding 24/7, correct?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I do the average WU in about 18-20 hours. There's a bunch of different kinds that take different amounts of work and time to complete though.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I do the average WU in about 18-20 hours. There's a bunch of different kinds that take different amounts of work and time to complete though.

I get the GroMAC cores, I don't think it is because mine is slow, but because it is usually off, but the GroMACs usually take me 6-10hrs

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
If you leave the display on (up) while it runs 2 complete FRAMES it will show you the true amount of time till the end of the work unit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango

Also seeing as how long its taking to do this on my PC it probaly wouldn't be worth the time to have a 533MHz Celeron system folding 24/7, correct?

Anyone?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Anyone?

They distribute differnt cored for differnt speed of machines, any extra machines added to our folding farm will help.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

It's definately worth the time. Every little bit helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts