Overclock.net banner

Foobar now playing plugin

6060 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  GSingh
Would someone recommend a foobar plug in that shows what song is currently playing when the track switches. I'm looking for something akin to the functionality that growl gives for itunes. Just a window that pops up and displays track info would be nice.

Your help is very much appreciated
See less See more
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
foo_popup Plus

And under the playback menu, click "cursor follows playback"
Thanks
. I'll check it out and see how I like it.
See less See more
Well, I just tried it and every time I start a song, foobar crashes. Any reason that might be? I'm using the latest non beta version btw.
Quote:

Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post
Well, I just tried it and every time I start a song, foobar crashes. Any reason that might be? I'm using the latest non beta version btw.
Any particular song? or just anything?

And It should say the "now Playing" in the title bar lol.

I like this script for my title format "[%Artist% - ][%title% %length% | ][%codec% ][%bitrate% kbps] "
See less See more
Do you use columns or the default user interface? Get columns if not and it already has a popup notification built in that you just have to turn on in preferences under: columns UI> notification area>Show popup notification balloons.
Quote:

Originally Posted by thecool85 View Post
Would someone recommend a foobar plug in that shows what song is currently playing when the track switches. I'm looking for something akin to the functionality that growl gives for itunes. Just a window that pops up and displays track info would be nice.

Your help is very much appreciated
Try CD Art Display.
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
^I use CD Art Display and while it's not as simple as what you're looking for, it's really cool.
I use this awesome vinyl skin with it.
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolishNProud
View Post

http://amip.tools-for.net/wiki/

I Use this one for Winamp and Foobar,

Cheers. I tried so many and they were not compatible with my thing. It works
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by minus.fireal View Post
Try CD Art Display.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heady View Post
^I use CD Art Display and while it's not as simple as what you're looking for, it's really cool.
I use this awesome vinyl skin with it.
Thanks alot guys. I just installed this and I'm loving it so far. I really like this vinyl skin as well
See less See more
In Foo;

File > Preferences > Default User Interface > Check the "Show Balloon Tooltip on Song Change"

You then get a little pop-up near the windows clock telling you artist/title. If you mouse over the Foo icon down near the clock you also get a Artist/title display.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tUDJ
View Post

In Foo;

File > Preferences > Default User Interface > Check the "Show Balloon Tooltip on Song Change"

You then get a little pop-up near the windows clock telling you artist/title. If you mouse over the Foo icon down near the clock you also get a Artist/title display.

The balloons are ugly though. foo popuplus looks soo much better.
See less See more
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.