Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking around for new graphic card...asus r9 nano seem really tempting considering the price, low power and 4k capabilities... I'm wondering if people with the R9 Nano can tell me their opinion of how loud is the fan ... a quiet pc is a must for me so don't want to get something that will be annoying, especially that there are literally no aftermarket cooler for that particular card! if anyone compared it with the gigabyte 980ti G1 please share your thoughts

thx much

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
The only reason to get a R9 Nano is if you want the fastest ITX card available. I can't speak of the loudness of the card, but there are plenty of other quiet and better price/performance options. If you can fit other sized cards, then I wouldn't even bother looking at the Nano.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but it is a good price/performance ratio no? ultimately id get the 980ti but its quite expensive right now... the fury line is a good cheaper alternative for 4k gaming judging by the review and all...

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
Not really. The 970, 390, and Fury are all better price/performance and you have many cooler options so you can get something super quiet if that's your goal. Sapphires cooler on the Fury is known to be very quiet for example. Many Fury cards can also get some of their shaders unlocked by bios flashing for additional performance.

·
Meddling user
7,423 Posts
OP if you plan to go WC then Nano is a good buy IMO. The Nano from what I've read in the Fiji owners thread can suffer more downclocking than a Fury or Fury X. So with stock fan profile/settings it ends up between a Fury & Fury X for performance.

Otherwise I'd opt Fury or Fury X, I had a Fury Tri-X for several weeks and the VRM runs cooler than the Fury X stock AIO. GPU temps are similar between Tri-X vs AIO IMO.

With some fan profile mod on the Tri-X (ROM was what I did) it can maintain GPU easily at 55C very quietly. Which in turn makes HBM & VRM cooler vs stock fan profile.

The Fury Tri-X unlocked to 3840 SP pretty much matches a Fury X IMO, due to things going on I only had chance to run 3DM FS on it (genuine Fury X vs Fury Tri-X with 3840SP).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts