Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Reject the system
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm parting out an old water-cooled rig and figured I'd see what the community wanted to pick through. I don't have a hard price on anything, and I'll work with reasonable offers.

This is a tear-down from an x58 platform that the motherboard died on, and I no longer find it viable to keep this around not *really* being utilized. As far as I know, everything is working perfectly, but clearly used. Any fans are not cleaned up, so they will just be kind of dusty. All cooling components were only ever ran with distilled water/pt-nuke and a kill coil. Everything was flushed with some diluted vinegar and water, so a slight bit of fading of the outer plating can be seen on some components, but it doesn't take away from utility of the parts.

+++ List of parts ++++

CPU
SOLD
- 1x i7-950 [4 cores/8 threads] (OC to 4.2ghz, but can't recall the specific volts)
- 1x Xeon 5660 [6 core/12 thread] (OC to 4.4ghz, but can't recall the specific volts)

Price: 20.00 for both chips together!

Both of these were ran in an EVGA X58 Classified 3 that died, and since I had a lifetime warranty on the board, I contacted EVGA, and they offered me a newer board - hence what has prompted me to just gut this old guy. Which leads me to the next piece...

Motherboard

- 1x EVGA Z170 Classified K
P/N 142-SS-E178-KR

Price: 165.00 (???)

This is what EVGA offered me to replace the x58 board. Since I have no intention of upgrading, this board is virtually useless to me. It will arrive from EVGA and I'll just keep it in that box. It carries the original part's warranty - so lifetime warranty. I will be more than happy to ever assist if one needs to invoke said warranty.

RAM
SOLD
- 1x set of 3x2GB triple channel G.SKILL DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24
P/N F3-1200CL7T-6GBPI

Price: 20.00

This ram is sort of an oddity anymore, since it's triple channel. However, triple channel is just a fancy label that ultimately doesn't mean anything. It can be ran in dual channel mode without any hiccups, what so ever. I believe they ran near 2000mhz with my BLCK on the xeon 5660.

++++

I also have a whole lot of water cooling components, an 800D case (!!!) and a few graphics cards I'm also looking to sell. They will be listed accordingly in their respective categories.

I'm completely flexible on prices for things, I'm just not willing to ship out 1 compression fitting part. Need to spend a bare minimum of 20 dollars for me to drive to the post office.

Speaking of postage, we can negotiate a final price that will include shipping, and typically I will use USPS priority flat rate boxes if I can. I accept Paypal and SquareCash for payment. If you're out of the CON48, I may or may not be willing to work with shipping. Sometimes it can be a huge hassle - we can talk, though!

As far as trades go, I could use a sandybridge/ivybridge set up if anyone has a cpu/mobo combo. I'm also looking for a Ryzen 1500 or 1600 or 1700 and accompanying board.

If you have a decent gaming headset, my wife is looking for a replacement!

·
Reject the system
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckyle View Post

dude you didnt list any price lol
Listing updated with rough prices!!

·
Reject the system
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjj226 Angel View Post

Just so that I am clear, you do NOT have an x58 board to sell...correct?
Sadly, no. x58 classified 3 kicked the bucket
stun.gif

·
*cough*Stock*cough*
3,103 Posts
YHPM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts