Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today got home from my finals.

Checked mailbox and YAY my package from pimpmykeyboards/keycapsdirect came in. (Still waiting for some lavender/purple keys from elitekeyboards.)

Got to my desk, opened up the package and saw the 4 keys I ordered. Check first picture.

The Good
Double shot espresso molding on the keys. YAY nicee

The Bad
The sprue (plastic tree it comes from) is either cut off too much, like you can see in my pictures, or there is a nub left over.
For people that obsess over perfection like me, this is not acceptable. So I rant about it here lol. I would be much happier with an extra nub left, since it is much easier to sand off.

The Solution
I went and got my 4in1 nail filer and start filing it down, holding it by the side so it wont fall off the file. And VOILA done (last picture).

So this is just a heads up if you are going to get some off from the site.

For red esc the site is
www.keycapsdirect.com/redesc
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper~ View Post
I'm interested in getting some but when I googled it, this site came up:

http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/

And also it stated on the front page and in their FAQ that these are "non-functional". Did I find the correct site?
Maybe they're saying the actual Key doesn't do anything as in it's just plastic? So you don't buy the key thinking you're getting an entire keyboard with the key already attached? Don't know.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I see they're a supplier of TG3...I wonder how much it would cost to get some replacement Deck keys with red inserts instead of clear? That would make for a pretty wicked mod. Maybe a red WASD cluster or something.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RayvinAzn View Post
I see they're a supplier of TG3...I wonder how much it would cost to get some replacement Deck keys with red inserts instead of clear? That would make for a pretty wicked mod. Maybe a red WASD cluster or something.
do they make the deck keys?
if not they can't replace all, wouldn't they not make the correct size for the longer keys

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by godofdeath
View Post

do they make the deck keys?
if not they can't replace all, wouldn't they not make the correct size for the longer keys

Deck is a subsidiary of TG3 electronics - their initial Deck 82 was nearly a carbon copy of TG3's BL82 for all intents and purposes (Deck added a few changes to the body and the font used on the keys as well as a slightly improved matrix for better NKRO). It's possible (and I'd have to check with Deck) that the keys on the Legend and the original boards are the same. If they are, then it'd just be a matter of seeing if they could get any done with a clear red plastic insert instead of clear white.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I always wanted one of those, however I am not sure if they would fit my keyboard. Are they all for cherry mx? Some of them (the flat ones) look like they are meant to be sticked on existing key caps and I don't want those.

·
Banned
4,124 Posts
I think you can email them and ask specifically for the Panic in red and Orange X% keys in Cherry MX.

Still, the Smiley face is my fave. That you have to customize yourself

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have emailed them. Thanks. Btw, are all the colours and legend customisable? Or they have a fix selection? Does customised keys cost more?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts