Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello and wellcome everybody to this little review of the Force3D version of ATI Radeon 5770.
As you know the 5XXX line of products is the most sucsessful in ATI history, in my opinion.So i decided to change my 4870 to 5770.
I was afraid of it low memory bus -128 bit for my TFT 22" . But i risked it and i like my new choice. But I hoped to buy an reference or some other version , but, my dealer offered me this card for a lower price , and i agreed.

As you can see the card is somehow looks similar with gigabyte 5770 (left)
But.i had an opportunity to test and gigabyte and Force3D

and i'd like to enumerate some bad and good sides of these two VGA Cards.

So. here we go.

Force3D
Good things:lower temperatures accord to Gigabyte version, memory chips are covered, somehow with heatsick.
Bad things: louder than gigabyte's 5770 version. no FAN control (including soft)

Gigabyte:
Good things: much quiter than Force3D version.
Bad things:
memory chips are situated on both sides of the card.

And some benches.

So.As you want to have and crossfire system and to overclock your VGA cards buy Force3D ( by the way, in the package contains only CD Drivers , NO DVA to VGA , no 6pin power connector, nothing, only CD) but Force3D has 3 revision of 5770 ( reference "egg cooling system" ,and mine ) so be careful in choosing thi VGA.
So. questions are wellcome ))))

·
Registered
325 Posts
You will be able to edit the fan speed in the bios.

That's the last chance if it ever changes at all.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well to someone in the know they can extract the bios, customise the fan profile to their liking and change it at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.