Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering, how do you force a game to use directX 8, is there even a way?

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is it a certain setting you coose or anything, oh man do i ever sound like a n00b

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
If there is a way, it should be pretty obvious in the game settings menu. It should say exactally what direct x to use, but if not then I am not sure there is a way to change this, I will try to look into this a little more.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
try this:

right click on the shortcut to the program and click properties, now look at something called target and add -dxlevel 8 at the end of it and save.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalkobra
try this:

right click on the shortcut to the program and click properties, now look at something called target and add -dxlevel 8 at the end of it and save.
For some strange reason the property of my icons dont have a target.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalkobra
-in dave chappelle voice: HWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!??!!-
I dont know, i used to have it on my other format, but since the last time i used the target thing for something was like 6 formatts ago. But ya for some reason its not there.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerand
For some strange reason the property of my icons dont have a target.
Are you sure you're checking the shortcut for the program exe? Only shortcuts have that property.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Just so you know, you're still using whatever version of DirectX is currently installed. Your PC does not contain multiple versions of DirectX; when you upgraded to DX9, your DX8 was overwritten. All you are doing with this sort of switch is telling the game to use the DX8 API calls only and never to use a DX9 API call. In almost all cases, this is detrimental.

(I won't say all cases, because as soon as I do someone will find a case where DX9 does not work and DX8 does work...)

·
Registered
1 Posts
While is true that change the directx option to 8 when you have 9 could be bad for the majority of the game i just found that nexon have problems of compatibility with dx9 or higher i know becouse i use it in BnS and Vindictus and my game show errors and crashes constantly after i change to dx8 that change i dont have any problems so in case of nexon is even recommended

1 - 11 of 11 Posts