Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

There is some new stats this year. To make it easier to see where teams are at the marathon and sprint credits were separated. in 2021 OCN was first in the Sprints. It looks like the stats have refreshed and 2021 isn't displayed on the main page anymore and prior years aren't broken down.

All teams had to re-register for 2022 so there are a lot fewer teams. Since that was done, there is no leagues for the first 3 months. Sebastien made this post about the changes in 2022

I submit some changes for 2022:
  • Only teams registered could participate to FB. A dedicated page will be created.
    Only team founders could register their teams.
    From January to March, there could be only one league. At the end of March, after 3 months of marathon and 2 sprints, 2 or more leagues could be created.
  • There could be 3 rankings:
    • marathon
    • sprint
    • general (marathon + sprint)
  • The sprint project could be announced at the start
  • For sprints, points could be granted each day. Sprint points could be the average of points earned each days. For example
    • Team A
      • 1st day : Ranking #5 =>10 points
      • 2nd day : Ranking #5 => 10 points
      • 3rd day : Ranking #1 => 25 points
      • Sprint points : (10 + 10 +25)/3 => 15 points
    • Team B
      • 1st day : Ranking #1 => 25 points
      • 2nd day : Ranking #1 => 25 points
      • 3rd day : Ranking #2 => 18 points
      • Sprint points : (25+25+18)/3 => 23 points
ATM we would be in the 2nd league if there were two leagues.

3 new projects were added in 2022
iThena Computational
[email protected]
Ramanujan Machine

· Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I was going to post in the thread over on the FormulaBOINC forum, but it looks like my account has gone MIA. I'll post over there as soon as I can login, but hopefully the Sprints go to a purely random selection. I personally wouldn't even exclude recently ran projects. I would just throw the list up on random.org before each Sprint and what ever project is top of the list is the project for that Sprint. The two things about BOINC comps that really annoy me is speculative bunkering and team hopping.

@mmonnin Do you care if I move your post to the 2nd post and make a new OP, once all the details are settled for this year's FormulaBOINC?

· Premium Member
2,908 Posts

· Premium Member
2,908 Posts
I totally forgot about the part where it runs 2 WUs on one card and leaves the other card idle. It has been a while since I ran this, surprised it hasn't been addressed unless there is some app config that corrects it.

· Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I totally forgot about the part where it runs 2 WUs on one card and leaves the other card idle. It has been a while since I ran this, surprised it hasn't been addressed unless there is some app config that corrects it.
Looks like I still had SRBase excluded from all but one GPU in my cc_config. Maybe that is why I am only seeing one task running on my multi-gpu machine???

EDIT
Looks like the above is why I am not having the multiple tasks on one GPU issue. 2 GPUs, 2 tasks on one card, not utilizing gpu 1,

EDIT_2
I also forgot what a CPU cooker SRBase is. CPU and VRM tamps are hotter than running Prime95 small FFTs on my watercooled 3960x @ 4.2 GHz. :eek:

· Once more into the Fold
3,120 Posts
Sorry guys I completely missed this event. Ironically I was watching the Formula 1 practice and qualifying and still forgot lol. Sucks because we are usually really good at this sprint.

EDIT
Yes there is a config to run a single project in a multi gpu rig
Code:
<cc_config>

<options>

<exclude_gpu>

<url>http://srbase.my-firewall.org/sr5/</url>

<type>NVIDIA</type>

<device_num>1</device_num>

<app>TF</app>

</exclude_gpu>

<use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus>

</options>

</cc_config>
SR base will use your primary GPU regardless how you try to setup the config though, so the above works for me.

· Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Well I haven't run this in a while and of course ran out of memory and got VM unmanageable messages with 10 of them running on a machine with 32G of memory. My older system didn't have vbox installed and got no work, working on that now. At this rate maybe I will get one task completed during the Sprint...

Edit- Now an error needing more space, says Python needs 20G. My old 40G Intel x.25 SSD is tapped out LOL. Finally running a couple tasks.

I am remembering why I don't run Rosetta much.

· Once more into the Fold
3,120 Posts
Yeah the python tasks are stupid. I can run a max of 4 projects with 120gb hard drives, ram is not an issue with those rigs. My rig with a 256gb hard drive can handle 8 projects, but then I get the unmanageable message so I am running 6 now and it seems to be stable. I would need a 2tb drive to load all 24 cores on my 2P rig....

I actually had to erase my rosetta folder, from the terminal, on my 2P ubuntu rig because I had it set to 12 cores and it used all but 15kb of the drive even though I had the limit set to 90% drive capacity. The system froze and would not reboot again.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.