1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Links to both...
Bravura
Forte

Now I know just about everyone browsing this forum is more than familiar with the forte, but does anybody own the Bravura? I can't find any topics on it (Other than a preview topic about it)... I really like the multiple OPAMP slots so you could really tune this guy to your liking sound wise... But, is it really that great of a feature?

I've seen some 8 to 10 FPS differences between them and that in itself seems like more of a reason to go with the Forte. Any opinions? I'm really leaning towards the Forte and I would probably buy a refurb anyways so the price would be a little lower (Which is always a plus)... so what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
In my opinion, if you're going to buy something with the Creative chipset, you might as well save even more money and just buy a Creative card.

Otherwise, have a look at something like the Xonar Essence.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0man View Post
In my opinion, if you're going to buy something with the Creative chipset, you might as well save even more money and just buy a Creative card.

Otherwise, have a look at something like the Xonar Essence.
The DAC chip used, the amplification section, the design of the power circuitry and other portions of the card play pretty big roles in determining the output quality. The drivers are also something that differentiate the Auzentech offering from the standard Creative offering. Even though both companies may use the same digital signal processor, the rest of the card could very well be different.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnchop View Post
Links to both...
Bravura
Forte

Now I know just about everyone browsing this forum is more than familiar with the forte, but does anybody own the Bravura? I can't find any topics on it (Other than a preview topic about it)... I really like the multiple OPAMP slots so you could really tune this guy to your liking sound wise... But, is it really that great of a feature?

I've seen some 8 to 10 FPS differences between them and that in itself seems like more of a reason to go with the Forte. Any opinions? I'm really leaning towards the Forte and I would probably buy a refurb anyways so the price would be a little lower (Which is always a plus)... so what do you guys think?
The forte is more of a gaming card with increased hardware support in the form of EAX5.0

The Bravura is the most musical card auzentech has, it has the best signal to noise ratio of any of their cards, but only supports EAX 4.0.

Pick the one that suits you best. If you're not sure, I would go with the forte.

·
Registered
350 Posts
X-Fi Forte for sure, it has hardware accel. The SNR is good enough and you can always replace the OPAMP if needed. Also it is low profile which is good for certain SLI or CrossfireX setups.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input guys, I think I'll go with the Forte. It's gonna be doing a lot of gaming so from what y'all are saying the forte would be my best bet with the EAX5.0.
-Again, thanks for the help!

·
Banned
414 Posts
Hey pawnchop:

Be sure to get Alchemy 1.41 which fixes a billion problems with older games and enabling EAX under Vista and Windows 7.

go here for the games list:
http://connect.creativelabs.com/alch.../AllItems.aspx

When using a registry string instead of the game path, you will make one small change if you are using 64 bit:
you will insert Wow6432Node right after the "software\\" subdirectory like so
RegPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Eidos Interactive\\Anachronox\\SourcePath
to
RegPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\ \Eidos Interactive\\Anachronox\\SourcePath
cheers,
jmacguire

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmacguire View Post
Hey pawnchop:

Be sure to get Alchemy 1.41 which fixes a billion problems with older games and enabling EAX under Vista and Windows 7.

go here for the games list:
http://connect.creativelabs.com/alch.../AllItems.aspx

When using a registry string instead of the game path, you will make one small change if you are using 64 bit:
you will insert Wow6432Node right after the "software\\" subdirectory like so
RegPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Eidos Interactive\\Anachronox\\SourcePath
to
RegPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\ \Eidos Interactive\\Anachronox\\SourcePath
cheers,
jmacguire
Wow, this could be incredibly helpful! Thanks

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by d0nch1ch1o View Post
X-Fi Forte for sure, it has hardware accel. The SNR is good enough and you can always replace the OPAMP if needed. Also it is low profile which is good for certain SLI or CrossfireX setups.
Agreed Forte all the way that phone amp is sweet to have and eax 5.0 too
PS Alchemy sucks... btw creative sucks in audio... and bad drivers... or lack of it.. just my opinion for games Forte for Audio Asus simple as that

·
Registered
89 Posts
correct me if i am wrong, the sound quality and headphone amp are better on the bravura. and i really dont think eax 5 does anything that great

·
#SavedTheCrew
2,644 Posts
As a proud owner of the forte, I would suggest that. You get the X-Fi chipset but with MUCH better drivers from Auzen, and the phone amp.

What's not to like?!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
To all the people flaming not to get auzentech. They use better PCB, Driver, and software than creative, even though the processing chip is the same

1 - 14 of 14 Posts