Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 827 Posts

·
Typo Elemental
3,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarble View Post

Is there a water cooling team?
I'd hold off for the time being. More teams are bound to surface within the next couple weeks
thumb.gif

·
Super Moderator
23,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

The AMD Green Dragons again this year? I folded with them back in 2011 and 2012. A couple of us using multiple i7 2600k's ran out of bigadv Wu's and had to settle for smp in 2011.
smile.gif
First time taking part in this
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
I have decided to not do any recruiting for the FFW until @DarthBaggins sets up the team page for Second Hands Hounds 2017 thread and people are allowed to join. It is still 3 over three months away from the start date.

I hope that team SHH will be good when the time comes.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Any particular reason it's being pushed two months later than it used to be?

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Any particular reason it's being pushed two months later than it used to be?
Because we already had a FFW in February of this year. The FFW used to be in November and was later switched to December. It was supposed to be held in December 2015 but the person in charge of getting it done didn't get it done and instead made a thread with a poll about when it should be held.

BTW I voted for December.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Just because something was late once doesn't mean you have to push the timetable back even further..... ....But that's just my opinion. ^_^

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
The FFW was held in November of 2011 and 2012. BWG moved it to December in 2013 and it was the same for 2014. The 2017 FWW is 12 months after the last one.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1581555/when-should-we-hold-the-forum-folding-war/0_20

If you want answers you know who to contact about why the 2015 FFW was moved to February 2016. Holding two FFW's in the same year would probably also cause the folding team to explode and you can't take that * risk twice in the same year.
tongue.gif

·
Typo Elemental
3,224 Posts
Outa curiosity, if a couple of us wanted to create a new team for the FFW, what would we need to do to make the team official?

·
13,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons572 View Post

Outa curiosity, if a couple of us wanted to create a new team for the FFW, what would we need to do to make the team official?
Well you would need to fill out all the team info that I would need to plug in to the stats site along with a logo. So a quick list:

Team Name: <blank>

Team Captain: OCN username

Team [email protected] User: OCN_<blank> (Team folding username for people who don't want to fold on their own, editors will set this up)

Team [email protected] Passkey: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Team folding username for people who don't want to fold on their own, editors will set this up)

Team Thread: Make a new thread titled "Forum Folding War 2017 - Team <blank>"

Team Bio: (example form AMD, 1 to 4 sentences saying what your team is about, this will be what people read about your team when they are selecting who to sign-up for)

We are The Green Dragons folding in the name of AMD/ATI. Help us squash the competition and claim victory in the 2014 Folding Forum War.

Team logo: 300 x 300 pixel logo, transparent background are allowed and in PNG format preferred

·
Just a Crazy Cat in a Box
5,534 Posts
Well those dates suck....I won't be in the State nor near my rigs.
mad.gif

·
Typo Elemental
3,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

Well you would need to fill out all the team info that I would need to plug in to the stats site along with a logo. So a quick list:
Thanks for the info axi!
thumb.gif

·
13,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Well those dates suck....I won't be in the State nor near my rigs.
mad.gif
1) Remote Desktop / Splashtop / Team Viewer

2) Start them early before you leave

3) Mail your rigs to someone on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmons572 View Post

Quote:

Thanks for the info axi!
thumb.gif
No problem, I try to do at least 3 things a month to maintain my Editor status

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickwm View Post

Team Viking!
After MLP won the great war of 2014 Team Viking was never heard from again... Rumor has it that they stole the ponies for a quick getaway.

·
5,534 Posts
Quote:

I tried remoting....my rigs don't play nice with it considering how locked down I make them.

I may try leaving instructions for my Dad to start the rigs up and to shut down for the event.

Mailing though, darn that be super expensive.
tongue.gif

·
13,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Quote:

I tried remoting....my rigs don't play nice with it considering how locked down I make them.

I may try leaving instructions for my Dad to start the rigs up and to shut down for the event.

Mailing though, darn that be super expensive.
tongue.gif
Have you tried Splashtop? I've found it flawless as long as my computers have internet access and much more reliable than Team Viewer or trying to user remote-remote desktop.

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
Quote:

Have you tried Splashtop? I've found it flawless as long as my computers have internet access and much more reliable than Team Viewer or trying to user remote-remote desktop.
Took a quick peak...No Linux support = fail.
frown.gif

Quote:
Broad Device Support
Access your Mac and Windows PC from practically any mobile device or computer.
Download the Splashtop Personal app for your iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows tablet, Windows Phone, and of course Mac or Windows PC.

·
13,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

Quote:

Took a quick peak...No Linux support = fail.
frown.gif
Quote:
Broad Device Support
Access your Mac and Windows PC from practically any mobile device or computer.
Download the Splashtop Personal app for your iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows tablet, Windows Phone, and of course Mac or Windows PC.
Do you have a Windows based machine that is always on the network?

I have a Windows 7 VM running for games servers and LAMP for some general HTTP info pages and HFM.net. I normally just Splashtop to that, then from the machine, I can run Putty, Remote Desktop, or VNC to all the other machines on my home network so that none of them need to be overly exposed to the interwebz.

Also if running Linux, what do you need that isn't accessible over SSH?

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
I'm not going to daisy chain remote from my phone to access my home PCs. I don't get many 4g bars at my work desk the way it is. I just tried installing TeamViewer on a Ubuntu box I setup a few weeks ago now that its colder and TV didn't want to install. Not sure what I did but TV has been a PIA on my 2P. I think right now any clicks get sent and a screen on the 2P shows any clicks but the PC connected to it gets a static screen.

·
5,534 Posts
Quote:

I will give that a try on the main rig. Team viewer just straight up dislike hopping through a satellite connection.

21 - 40 of 827 Posts