Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 827 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
I thought splashtop had a linux beta app? Anyway have you tried teamviewer 11 or 12? Works much better for me than 10 did.

EDIT: I guess splashtop removed the linux streamer. I might have a copy if you want to try.

·
13,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

I'm not going to daisy chain remote from my phone to access my home PCs. I don't get many 4g bars at my work desk the way it is. I just tried installing TeamViewer on a Ubuntu box I setup a few weeks ago now that its colder and TV didn't want to install. Not sure what I did but TV has been a PIA on my 2P. I think right now any clicks get sent and a screen on the 2P shows any clicks but the PC connected to it gets a static screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

Have you tried Splashtop? I've found it flawless as long as my computers have internet access and much more reliable than Team Viewer or trying to user remote-remote desktop.
I will give that a try on the main rig. Team viewer just straight up dislike hopping through a satellite connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerCan View Post

I thought splashtop had a linux beta app? Anyway have you tried teamviewer 11 or 12? Works much better for me than 10 did.

EDIT: I guess splashtop removed the linux streamer. I might have a copy if you want to try.
Teamviewer has only ever given me issues so I stopped using it. I now pay the smallest plan through Splashtop and have all my family's computers on it so I can easily check up on things like virus definitions and disk usage without driving all the way over there.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
I've had not had issues with Teamviewer aside from a few random accounts trying to add me to a contact list. Declined of course and haven't seen them since.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,878 Posts
Quick question, when will the teams be added to the list?

·
13,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKuhn View Post

Quick question, when will the teams be added to the list?
I haven't received any list of teams yet with updated BIO's and stuff yet. If you have a team thread set up with all the information updated, shoot me a PM. I'll clear the sign-ups and enable teams once I have at least 3 teams confirmed with updated Team threads.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,878 Posts
Quote:

I haven't received any list of teams yet with updated BIO's and stuff yet. If you have a team thread set up with all the information updated, shoot me a PM. I'll clear the sign-ups and enable teams once I have at least 3 teams confirmed with updated Team threads.
I already sent the PM to PR, but I'll send one to you as well.

·
13,096 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

I already sent the PM to PR, but I'll send one to you as well.

·
Just a Crazy Cat in a Box
5,534 Posts
Well, I found a old transfer I did to some nice heavy paper. I think I will color the drawing in and make it a prize for FFW.

And when I mean big, it is a biggy compare to my little art cards. Will get a pic of the outline up in a bit. Be something the team members can look forward to as a prize for this event.
biggrin.gif

Pic: May take a bit to color this one. Sorry if hard to see, I draw super light most the time and I consider this when I go a bit heavier with a pencil outline.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Ooooh, three headed hydra like creature. Sahweeeeet!

·
13,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Well, I found a old transfer I did to some nice heavy paper. I think I will color the drawing in and make it a prize for FFW.

And when I mean big, it is a biggy compare to my little art cards. Will get a pic of the outline up in a bit. Be something the team members can look forward to as a prize for this event.
biggrin.gif

Pic: May take a bit to color this one. Sorry if hard to see, I draw super light most the time and I consider this when I go a bit heavier with a pencil outline.

Really appreciate prizes like this :D

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,878 Posts
Quick question. I'm supposed to get a 970 OC tomorrow, will my rig (4.2GHz G3258) be able to fold on both cards (750Ti Black ed + 950 OC)?. I suppose I could put the 750Ti in the folding rig, but I don't feel like messing with the desktop client in Linux (it's currently just running NaCl).

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
Quote:

Quick question. I'm supposed to get a 970 OC tomorrow, will my rig (4.2GHz G3258) be able to fold on both cards (750Ti Black ed + 950 OC)?. I suppose I could put the 750Ti in the folding rig, but I don't feel like messing with the desktop client in Linux (it's currently just running NaCl).
I will say yes if the CPU is not doing anything else.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,878 Posts
That's good news then. Because my rig is normally idling (just browsing, music and spreadsheets).

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,878 Posts
Can anybody explain this?

EDIT: The unit ran at a crazy speed, and then it dropped back to 49% with the PPD back to a more realistic reading. It's still running very quickly though.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,878 Posts
I did pause, but I've never seen that happen before. And it actually ran at an insane speed for a bit, before jumping back to 49%.

·
13,096 Posts
Still waiting on more team applications, so far I only have 1...

·
Not new to Overclock.net
2,878 Posts
I assume that one is Intel?

I'm sure it is since you confirmed receiving the info, but I'm just making sure.
thumb.gif

41 - 60 of 827 Posts