Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OCN Cares FFW Team

Main Forum Folding War thread.

This is the team thread for any Folders or BOINCers who don't really fit into another forum team. If all you do is Fold/BOINC and check in on these threads, then this is the team for you.
Please don't all join this team right off the bat. If you fit in to any other team, try and join that one instead.

• For those of you with Folding names, you can use those names for the War.
• Those of you without can either make a new one and qualify for bonuses yourself (10 SMP WUs), or can use the team name:
Team Folding name: OCN_Cares
Passkey: ba0ae2c0e1cc08a07d285d6f4b27ee35

Note: If you use the team name, you will need to provide proof to qualify for prizes. Check the "How do I win?" section of the main thread here.

If you need a hand, go ahead and shoot me a PM.

-----> SIGN UP LINK <-----

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AqJjQktZy8GkdFJBQzlDV2tFV1VGZDd0VHQ1ZG9FcVE&w=25&h=300 Google Spreadsheet

Thanks for signing up, and good luck.

·
Nerd / Geek
1,680 Posts
I guess I'll start this team off with what PPD I manage to create.

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said, if you feel you might fit any other team, join them.

However, if you're a Folder, and only a Folder, feel free to sign up.

·
Nerd / Geek
1,680 Posts
LOL - OCN Cares is a great fit for me. The various diseases that the research is going towards curing - they run in my family or I've known someone with one. I fully support this effort! It just stinks for me because my PPD has gone down so much due to a few hardware/software changes I had to make. Plus when I play WoW I have to shut down folding as it kills it

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump for the Folders only team.

·
Once more into the Fold
2,931 Posts
I guess its time for me to throw my hat into the ring....as they say.

I work for a medical supply company that services hundreds of people in the RI/MA area. My points for FFW will be dedicated to them.

EDIT:
Sig for members:

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
[CENTER][B]FOLDING WARS:[/B]  :grouphug:[B][URL="http://www.overclock.net/overclock-net-folding-home-team/836679-forum-folding-war-ocn-cares.html"]Team: OCN_Cares[/URL][/B]:grouphug:[/CENTER]
[/CODE]

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be fair, I am sending people into other teams...

Maybe I should start PMing people...

·
Nerd / Geek
1,680 Posts
LOL - Yea Zodac... any help we can get would be awesome!

As a heads up my folding (which is lower than it should be) is going to be even worse now - My motherboard in my rig busted so I'm folding on the wifes computer as much as I can - but it'll get shut off whenever she's playing WoW - so my numbers will be lower than they are now sadly.... I'll try to get my rig rebuilt before the weekend so I can go full-tilt folding, but I'm kinda doubting it'll happen...

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I PM'd 10/15... nothing.

·
Once more into the Fold
2,931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamwardicus View Post
LOL - Yea Zodac... any help we can get would be awesome!

As a heads up my folding (which is lower than it should be) is going to be even worse now - My motherboard in my rig busted so I'm folding on the wifes computer as much as I can - but it'll get shut off whenever she's playing WoW - so my numbers will be lower than they are now sadly.... I'll try to get my rig rebuilt before the weekend so I can go full-tilt folding, but I'm kinda doubting it'll happen...
No problem. I started up a spare rig just for this event. My PPD should hit around 75K or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
I PM'd 10/15... nothing.

Thanks for the effort. I did very little to promote this group, so I take responsibility as well.

Either way my PPD alone will keep us ahead of the smaller groups. We will probably have a good battle with the Case Mods group.

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by franz View Post
Either way my PPD alone will keep us ahead of the smaller groups. We will probably have a good battle with the Case Mods group.

At least you'll beat the Audio team.

·
Once more into the Fold
2,931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
At least you'll beat the Audio team.

Lol yeah. Of course it will also help if my points get added to the team stats. Right now it looks like only Iamwordicus and justadude are being counted.

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They're being added; 6509pts for the first hour for you sounds right...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts