Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently drained and cleaned my loop, and I waited about a week before topping off the reservoir after the bubbles got pushed out and noticed this weird little blue blob in the top. Its above the water level so I don't know where it came from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like copper corrosion ore, have you used some acid inside loop when you have cleaned it or are you using some other than copper / brass inside your loop?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl06bhytmar View Post

Looks like copper corrosion ore, have you used some acid inside loop when you have cleaned it or are you using some other than copper / brass inside your loop?
When cleaning I ran distilled water through it after disassembling everything and then ran some PrimoChill SysPrep through it for about a day. Only thing I am unsure of the material is the Primochill/Bitspower fittings but everything else is copper.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Bitspower fittings are made of brass.
Have you tried to get a sample of it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get it out and investigate, it looks a lot like corroded copper but if your coolant ph is close to 7-8 it shouldn't get affected. You perhaps should do a pH paper clip test on your coolant?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7-2nr View Post

Bitspower fittings are made of brass.
Have you tried to get a sample of it?
I have not yet, been working a lot so I won't have a chance to tear it apart again till later this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl06bhytmar View Post

Get it out and investigate, it looks a lot like corroded copper but if your coolant ph is close to 7-8 it shouldn't get affected. You perhaps should do a pH paper clip test on your coolant?
I can try that before I tear it apart later this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post

What are we looking at there? It seems to be the top of a reservoir but what is the green surface?
As I stated in the original its the top of the reservoir, the green service is EKWB CryoFuel coolant I am using.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpurplehawk View Post

As I stated in the original its the top of the reservoir, the green service is EKWB CryoFuel coolant I am using.
OK, its just a strange image then because the coolant looked very much like a solid surface to me.

No one will be likely to give you any definative answer based just on pics but, the sysprep stuff leaves a film of some kind on all the surfaces of the loop it touches. It could be a build up of that film that has been stained by the dye in the coolant. That's maybe a stretch though.

Is the port that the object is in part of the loop flow or just a fill port? It looks like there are pieces of it on both sides of the fitting.

This is quite an odd one, please do post what you find when you examine it.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpurplehawk View Post

I recently drained and cleaned my loop, and I waited about a week before topping off the reservoir after the bubbles got pushed out and noticed this weird little blue blob in the top. Its above the water level so I don't know where it came from.
Have a look here - http://www.overclock.net/t/1638778/hl-sr2-mp-rad-notes-cleaning-flushing-related

I saw this and the color immediately reminded me of what you found.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts