Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT (3/12/2008): I now have 4 of these little guys running. Been also playing around with a 4xGTX+ rig and two 4x88/9800gt rigs. I still have 7 gpus (some gso and gt gpus) that need to be brought online, but will be back at the farm this weekend.

Finally recieved the motherboards I was hoping for yesterday. I had ordered several MSI p6N, but later found out there could not handle 8 GPUs. So i instead got the AMD alternate, and was able to get my first of three 9800GX2 Quad Rigs online. Will test it over the next day or so and then build the next one. I am heading out to lunch so will post more picks later, but I was excited to get this one up and folding before I head out the door.

Should put me up to ~100Kppd with this one online.
I must say this has been a lot of fun so far.

Here are the GPUs lit up like christmas trees.

Rig1 with small fan on GPUs to help with heat (will be testing against naked rig #2 with BIG fan)

Rig2 with BIG fan on GPUs and covers removed to help with heat. (will be testing against rig #1 with little fan and GPU cases.)

Side by side rig 1 and 2.

8 GPUs recognized. You can see the folding cores running at 57% CPU utilization.

FAHMon of Oct-GPU rig.

FAHMon of farm now.

Kill-A-Watt reading with 8 GPU cores folding.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
GTX295 upgrade soon?

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Folding is for a good cause. If you have the money or the time then I don't see why it is considered a waste.

It's just like spending a load for gaming. There's no difference.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
I have to see pics of this!!!

Even though I don't like folding, I still want to see all them GX2's!

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post

It's just like spending a load for gaming. There's no difference.
UMM....tbh mate i think there is, while i do not fold, im sure that watching it perform its calculations is not very stimulating...

hmm.....GTA4, or watch some enzymes grow..??

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skunksmash View Post
UMM....tbh mate i think there is, while i do not fold, im sure that watching it perform its calculations is not very stimulating...

hmm.....GTA4, or watch some enzymes grow..??

not gta cause it seems to crash all the time

1 - 20 of 182 Posts