Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all just woundering if any one could help me out as easy as possible i want to overclock my q9550 E0 but i dont know where to start
CPU Q9550 E0
Mobo is foxconn black-ops with latest and last bios update version 6
1800MHz DDR3 8-8-8-27(CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS) Unbuffered 1.9 Volts
if you want any more information then just leave a comment but i would like to try it and go for a mild-medium OC

·
Registered
215 Posts
First, I would suggest you read reviews on your motherboard and how well it overclocks to get an idea of how far you should go. The Q9550 is not a bad overclocker, you'd probably get it to 3.4Ghz+ with a decent cpu cooler.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/24...ock-q9550-4ghz should help.

After any overlocking, I suggest you use a cpu stress test like prime95 for a few hours to insure the cpu is completely stable on full load, while also checking that, under full load, the cpu doesn't go over 72C!

Remember though, there is always some risk when increasing frequencies beyond factory specs! You don't want to fry your cpu and have to get a new one!

Good luck!

Regards,

Toxaris71

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate a friend of mine OCed it to 3.2ghz and it was stable but i dont know how todo it myself
i ended up loosing the OC though wen i wasnt paying attention and pressed the clear cmos button lol
i do have a good cooling setup in the form of watercooling
i dont like air cooling lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts