Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Lawmakers have been trying to get creative in finding ways to fund health care reform. FOX News has learned from aides involved in the negotiations that there also has been talk of a video game tax -- to discourage inactive lifestyles.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...h-care-reform/

Say what you want about Fox, but I have not heard about this anywhere. I also have not been able to find any information about it online. Does anybody know about it?

P.S. I understand this is probably borderline since the tax is just mentioned at the conclusion, but I thought people would like to know.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Erm...what?

Assuming this is true, assuming Fox isn't a bunch of monkeys sitting behind TV cameras....this wouldn't fly.

I could maybe understand a VG tax to help pay telecoms to get off their lazy asses and upgrade their hardware, but come on. Just look on OCN, not every gamer is a lazy fatass like myself. OCN has quite the active bodybuilding community built into it.

Way to generalize and stereotype, Fox. Also, way to generalize and stereotype, US Government, if this is actually legit. I doubt it, tho, as Fox consists of chimpanzees and gorillas behind TV cameras. Maybe the odd zookeeper to translate and clean the poo off the cameras.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
They should start taxing you for breathing.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Man i don't know of any goverment that would do this and if there is one, that country should have revolution or at least demand eletion.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Since the economy is bad, you start taxing what people actually buy and not necessarily bad for them? Maybe we should tax the BAD things in life like fatty foods.

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by usapatriot
View Post

Maybe they just shouldn't pass that bull**** health care bill.

Dont worry. It's not going to happen.

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
Without getting too political, there's nothign wrong with a universal helathcare system. If you happen to be up in arms over it, then you are clearly fortunate enough to have health insurence. In which case, shut up, you don't get a say, because you'll still have your insurence.

You might find you won't need it, afterwards, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.