Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Interesting. I don't think anybody expected this.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dham View Post

All you sheep supported this with BF3. I'm glad I refused to get it.
Yes because if the wii is origin exclusive its going to end the world. Keep not enjoying bf3

Weird after reading the article they seem to want to create and xbox live thing for the wii u but just all ea

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Quote:

I don't have BF3 or Origin but the thing about it "stealing" your information was debunked. It's no different than Steam.

Back on topic, I have nothing against Origins really but this is stupid. No one wants to use Origin. EA will never be able to compete with Valve.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Most importantly however, is the news that EA is trying to push their Origin platform as a key element in Nintendo's online features. EA however is not alone, Valve seems to want to emplement their Steam platform into the Wii U however EA is obviously pushing their platform as the best option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Apocalypse- View Post

Before haters gonna hate, read the article. Steam is trying to block out Orgin as well.
Read it and no where did it say they wanted to block out EA and make it exclusive.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Why would they let EA control their digital distrobution? Wouldn't that kind of anger Activision, Ubisoft, and all the other large publishers? I really hope this isn't true and if it is that EA fails getting Nintendo to consider such a bad idea. This just seems very unlikely for Nintendo to consider such a "deal".

·
Registered
178 Posts
i dont understand what would make this seem like a good idea from Nintendo's perspective
wth.gif

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
This further supports the idea that the next gen consoles will not be using physical media. To that, I say, thank goodness.

·
Melted Cheese
4,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Mule View Post

Interesting. I don't think anybody expected this.
Quote:

Yes, we bought a single game on a platform and now this is happening directly because of that single purchase. Great logic bro!
thumb.gif

EA does not have any ammunition to support Nintendo wanting this. If anything the number of people who bought BF3 compared to the number of people with other games on Origin would just be used to support Nintendo not wanting the Origin platform as it is obvious the only reason why it has so many users is for BF3. That is exactly what the number will show and also since so many people are complaining about Origin because they have BF3 will also work towards Nintendo not wanting to touch the platform (hopefully).

Either way I don't buy consoles so I guess I don't give a what in the end, hahaha.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.