Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I will be building a new rig soon, and I just couldn't resist it: I want to do water cooling. So with that said, I was planning on getting the XSPC Rasa RX240 kit with a Fractal Arc MIDI case. Are there any problems with doing this? (Such as parts not fitting, no room, etc.) Also, a kind of side question, is this kit difficult to install? This will be my first time water cooling.
thumb.gif

EDIT: This being my first water cooling setup, I will not be extending the loop to the GPU for a while, but I will most likely do this eventually.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
well its easy to do but in that case youll ahve to mount the rad externally as there is not enough clearence between the board and the top of the case. i was able to squeeze and i mean litteraly a rad in top and one fan on the inside....

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
woops i was thinkign of the wrong case
doh.gif
doh.gif
doh.gif
doh.gif

looks like it will fit with easy after i looked at the correct case

·
Registered
78 Posts
im using the RS240 and it fits very nice. I also know that the RX240 fits also. Easy setup/install. My first water loop was with the XSPC kit and it will not take long before you are upgrading.
wink.gif

you will probably want different fans than the xspc fans. push/pull if it will fit are at least some with a higher CFM

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Gentle Typhoons are great if you can find them. BTW, you do know that res/pump combo of Rasa kit will occupy both of your 5.25" bays ?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicit528 View Post

Oh damn...that sucks. Thanks for telling me.
DDC pump with a top/res combo fits nicely between psu and bottom hdd cage or on top of top of hdd cage like I have it.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Res/pump combo that comes with Rasa kit won't fit anywhere else but in those 5.25" bays. You need to buy a DDC or D5 pump if you want to use those bays for something else.

Here are couple of examples, old version with MCP35X and res at bottom :

Current version with dual MCP350's :

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
RS240 might fit there but it looks a bit too low for RX240 unless that fits to the bottom like on CM 690

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How can you tell that its too low?

EDIT: About the Arc Midi... Arent the drive bays at the top right? Which are untouched? Or is that not the drive bays

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was thinking about the 400/500R...do you guys think the extra cash for the 500R will be necessary? Is a side fan still necessary even if I'm water cooling?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicit528 View Post

How can you tell that its too low?
EDIT: About the Arc Midi... Arent the drive bays at the top right? Which are untouched? Or is that not the drive bays
Drive bays are at top but with a Rasa kit you have to put reservoir/pump combo there. Upper right corner of this picture, takes two bays as you can see :

1 - 18 of 18 Posts