Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I ordered a Fractal Design Kelvin S24 to replaced my dead H100 (v1 / 2012), but i can hear the "bzzzzz" at 5 meter. Its like very very loud, way louder that my old Corsair H100. Is it normal ? The pump is given for 25dB.

It it possible to have a faulty unit ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Erf, I returned it.

I have ordered a 2nd Fractal S24 and a Dark Rock TF too if the S24 is noisy.

I alreday looked at the swiftech but it does not fit in my Ncase M1.

They are very few option in that case, and only a Fractal is to flex to fit in it.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofmyheadyo View Post

Get a decent case.
He has a far better than "decent" case. The fact that it does not fit one particular component does not make it any less of a quality case.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Dont see the point in buying the smallest possible cases, it's like here is a bunch of money because i like buying problems
Wanted a little case because i'm going on lan quite often, and i also dont want something cheap when i'm at home as a Fractal Core or Shuttle etc...

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,197 Posts
Quote:

Define nano s fits a 240 rad no probs.
So does the M1. The reservoir placement on the Swiftech is the issue. The Swiftech is the oddity here.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,197 Posts
Quote:

but fractal is just garbage, always at the end of the charts, the coolers i mean.
What bearing does that have on you needlessly insulting his case? If there is some type of constructive information hidden in your comments, try to present them in a more palatable fashion. So far all you have done is insult his build when he is simply asking about a sound.

·
Registered
43 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: SGTKross

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Choosing a meh case just so u can use a meh cooler, what is the actual point of this ? I rest my case
meh I was just asking about the sound of the fractal wich I can hear at 5 meters. It may be more noisy than a "full custom kit" or EK and Swifttech AIO, but I had a old H100 v1 (2011) and didnt sound like at all, and the pump of the old H100 is not an alphacool.

I m glad that you are suggesting other product, but I have already considered more high end kit but they does not fit in my case, case that I will not change for now. And sorry to say that but the M1 is way more beautifull than a Define S.

So, you can still suggest thing that fit in my case, but I'm pretty sure I know more my case than you so I better know what is fitting in. Noctua C14, Dark Rock TF, some 240mm AIO and its about the pipe flexiblity and nozzle size (my ram is close to the CPU). With the S24 I had to turn the block at 90°.

I'm tought the Fractal S24 was the "best high end" of fitting AIO in my case.

I have ordered a 2nd one to see, and a Dark Rock TF if the second Fractal is producing the same noise.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,197 Posts
You may wind up with the Dark Rock TF, regardless. In a case that offers good airflow to it, it is a stellar performer and whisper quiet. Nice choice of an alternate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes but the best solution, because I will move the case time to time, is the AIO with my Gentle Typhoon AP.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts