Overclock.net banner
821 - 828 of 828 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Yes - I figured if you want to invest the time, effort, and moolah - you can really do anything to any case you've got. If you're up to the challenge, go for it - pics or it didn't happen.

I was wondering - if you're looking for portability, why not look at mini-ITX/micro-ATX compact box cases with handles (Jonsbo, Lian-Li, etc.)? You'll get more airspace and cooling power over something that's designed to go into a media shelf.

· Registered
5 Posts
Yeah thats basically my idea, the RTX 3070 is 54mm thick, 3 fans.... they will suck air in through the grill, push over the GPU. they have a rear plate hole to allow air through but most will be pushed out the sides, then the aio fans will suck that air (all be it quite warm) and push it through the aio rad. JaysTwoCents did it on a mod he did - Node 202 Aio Mod
I'm not a fan at all of the mod JayTwoCents did there, the external cooler looks messy. The case looks nice with everything enclosed.

· Registered
21 Posts
Hey all! Any of you have tried fitting a 7900xt into Node 202?
I am split between that or waiting for 4700 ti... which should be smaller... hopefully and less power hungry...

I currently have a rtx 2080

Edit: Just a quick update, i purchased the MSI RTX 4070 ti Ventus 3 OC ... and it fits very very snug... I had to bend the Case Bracket slightly as the card it 2.5 slots thick and trim off the front case USB 3.0 port plastic holders, but is all in. Length wise MSI 4070 ti is 12.1 inches so it just fits right...

Temperatures are nice and low and the upgrade is Wow! more then double performance jump from RTX 2080...

Now I can play all my games in 4K!

BTW. I am running my whole system on 600W Corsair PSU and is more then enough

· News Junkie
8,236 Posts
Hey all! Any of you have tried fitting a 7900xt into Node 202?
I am split between that or waiting for 4700 ti... which should be smaller... hopefully and less power hungry...

I currently have a rtx 2080

Edit: Just a quick update, i purchased the MSI RTX 4070 ti Ventus 3 OC ... and it fits very very snug... I had to bend the Case Bracket slightly as the card it 2.5 slots thick and trim off the front case USB 3.0 port plastic holders, but is all in. Length wise MSI 4070 ti is 12.1 inches so it just fits right...

Temperatures are nice and low and the upgrade is Wow! more then double performance jump from RTX 2080...

Now I can play all my games in 4K!

BTW. I am running my whole system on 600W Corsair PSU and is more then enough
You don't want a gpu that pulls more than 200w in a node 202. I've played with that case a lot including a custom loop.

· Registered
21 Posts
You don't want a gpu that pulls more than 200w in a node 202. I've played with that case a lot including a custom loop.
Nope all good here... i have 2 15 mm thin noctua fans pushing cold air in.. also on the other side of the case (back side of card) i drilled 4mm holes, so the hot air vents... I did this mod to make sure hot air gets out... but for my rtx 2080 the case was stock and did not have to do anything...
Currently temp cap at no more than 76C... supper happy with the purchase :)

Edit: Jan 22nd.. lowered the temps to 69-70C max by cutting up the plastic liner inside the case cover... I cut out a piece the size of the card... it seemed that the plastic before was to close to the card and was heating up... now i just have the metal case with the drilled holes, and it works a lot better... a 6C cooler :)

821 - 828 of 828 Posts