Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the name says this is the Fractal Design power supplies information thread

Why would i do a thread like this you might ask?

Well the answer to this is that many of you out there may know these or have looked at it and passed it over for one reason or another

The Fractal Design Tesla R2 and Newton R3 are some of the most overlooked units

So lets jump into it

First off we have the Integra R2

This unit is made by HEC and is a 80 plus bronze non modular and this unit is not very good so this is NOT recommended to buy you can find better around the same price point

Next is the brand new Integra M series which is an 80 plus Bronze rated semi modular series, OEM on these are ATNG and not HEC like the older Integra R2 series.
Wattage is 450 / 550 / 650 and 750 watts

Next is the brand new Edison M series which is a semi modular 80 plus gold rated series made by Seasonic
This series is based on Seasonic´s G series and wattage is 450 / 550 / 650 and 750 watts

Moving on to the next one in their lineup the Tesla R2

This unit is made by ATNG and is a 80 plus gold rated non modular PSU and is a sort of middle of the road value unit from Fractal Design

Next up we have the top of line Fractal Design PSU´s the Newton R3

This unit is also made by ATNG and is a 80 plus platinum rated semi modular unit and is a very high end unit able to trade blows with some of the best of them like Seasonic

http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=start&category=3&prod=

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I like the 800W verison of the Newton R3. It looks good and I think it's a great competitor to the other brands out there. The Newton R3 got some very nice rewards too.

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only now did i see that i forgot to give more info about Fractal Design themselfs

Anyway If you did not know already

Fractal Design is a young Swedish company. Its main product areas are computer enclosures, power supplies, cooling, and Media Center-products, such as Home Theatre-enclosures, keyboards and remote controls.

All Fractal Design products have been thoroughly designed, tested and specified in its Swedish headquarter.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page530.htm

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenge View Post

Fractal has announced their compatibility list regarding Haswell's C6/C7 power states. In short, they've confirmed compatibility for all Newton R3 and Tesla R2 units, and state that the Integra R2 models are "likely compatible"...

30533_2_fractal_design_releases_psu_list_approved_for_haswell.png
Thank you for that info this means there is really no other excuse then the price for not buying a Tesla R2 or Newton R3

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the great information. Fractal Design Newton R3 is the most awesome PSU around for now (I guess ? ) with a very affordable price. If you guys are deciding on what PSU to get for your gaming computer, Fractal Design Newton R3 is the best choice for you as it gave awesome awesome performance with an awesome awesome price. I am going to get one too for my gaming comp.
I hope people out there will give Newton R3 a chance and dont just buy PSU just based on the brand.

" Buying a PSU based on brand is the sames as buying a car based on color unless you look up what it is you dont know what you are buying most of the time " -shilka

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevantynauG View Post

Thanks for the great information. Fractal Design Newton R3 is the most awesome PSU around for now (I guess ? ) with a very affordable price. If you guys are deciding on what PSU to get for your gaming computer, Fractal Design Newton R3 is the best choice for you as it gave awesome awesome performance with an awesome awesome price. I am going to get one too for my gaming comp.
I hope people out there will give Newton R3 a chance and dont just buy PSU just based on the brand.

" Buying a PSU based on brand is the sames as buying a car based on color unless you look up what it is you dont know what you are buying most of the time " -shilka
It is rather high end and i cant really think of that many units around 750-800 watts that are as good as the Newton R3

Unless we are talking about 1000 watts or above there the Super Flower Leadex platform is one of the few units that can beat even the Newton R3

When NCIX finds out that they can sell a ton of Newton R3´s because they lowered the price they are going to have to lower the price on the 600 and 1000 watts as well

600 watts
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=75068&vpn=FD-PSU-NT3B-600W&manufacture=Fractal%20Design

800 watts
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=75060&vpn=FD-PSU-NT3B-800W&manufacture=Fractal%20Design

1000 watts
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=75058&vpn=FD-PSU-NT3B-1000W&manufacture=Fractal%20Design

At 114,27$ US the 800 watts is a bargain thats hard to say no to

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor2005 View Post

Hello, here's a pic of my gaming rig equipped with a Newton R3 1000W White.
smile.gif

It features a single +12V rail, 80 Plus Platinum efficiency, a semi-modular cable management and fanless operation at low loads. It's nearly silent at Idle.
thumb.gif

Intel(R) IPP JPEG encoder 7.0.1041 - Jul 19 2011;

And here's a pic from the cable bag.

Looks great

Is it true that the fan does not spin untill 50% load?

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor2005 View Post

Hello again!
wave2.gif
Here are some close-ups of my Newton R3 1000W White.

Thank you

That snowflake logo looks so good much better then the ugly sticker everyone else uses

It goes so well with your Storm Stryker its like it was made for it

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebruska View Post

Hey. I have Newton r2 650w and i know it's made by ATNG, but i have no idea is that good or bad.

So is it good? I ask because i'm curious and probably not going to replace it, unless it's completely horrid.
Not much info to find but it does seems like its decent not crap by any means but you can find both newer and better if you want to replace it

If you want to keep it you can do so sould not be a problem

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebruska View Post

Thanks, won't be changing anytime soon then.
thumb.gif
Its a 4 year old model but i will take a 4 year good model over a brand new crappy model any day of the week

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentghost14 View Post

So that PSU you helped me pick out arrived today and i got to say it look awesome and works great so far. Here is a few photos you wanted.

Congratulations you are our second Newton R3 owner or at least the second i have seen lol

Wow that looks awesome in your PSU

It was from NCIX US you got it from right?

Anyway Thank you for posting

·
Senior OCN Member
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentghost14 View Post

The only bad thing i found with the PSU is it does not install itself in my case.
HA HA no it does not

How is the fan is it true it only turns on at 50%?

Or did you install it fan down?

Last i have heard one horror story about the Newton R3

It might had been a one off or a monday model but one reported his died after a single day of use

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.