Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right folks! For the water cooling aficionado or the newbie, everyone loves Bitspower, and everyone loves free stuff!

So what do you need to get these? I have only one requirement. I want to see the very current invoice of your water cooling components without fittings. I am trying to help someone with a current build, not provide nicer fittings to someone who already has a running loop. The date on the invoice should be within the last week or two. You can black out everything you want EXCEPT the parts, date, and the address (I will ship to the address on your invoice, no exceptions). I want a picture of your printed invoice with your OCN username written on it, no screenshots. DO NOT send me your invoice until after you've won.

If you are planning on buying a loop soon enter and if you win you'll get fittings for free!

I'd really like these fittings to go to a new water cooler. Fittings are a huge money sucker when you don't realize how expensive they can be. I want to help someone buy that extra rad or water block they may want so they can cool both CPU and at least one GPU to get the full experience of a good loop.

Fittings are 1/2" 3/4" matte black, angled fittings are 45 degrees.

Drawing is Friday 30/1/14. You pay shipping.

There is some plate flaking on a fitting. I cleaned off the loose bits and this is what's left. I've read and have been told it is completely safe and useable.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl drifter View Post

I bought my watercooling equipment on here used. Would you except the message verifying payment received.
I'll want a message from that user if possible.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i have a rad and two blocks i have not been able to use for a while as i sold my last rig out of necessity and i lost my old fittings during my move to my new place. but now i have built a new rig and really all im missing to properly wc are these fittings ...if you will accept my submission to this giveaway i would really appreciate it as i have a really nice system with a very ugly coolermaster v8 aircooler lol...if not oh well thanks anyway...and good luck all

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnighthawk666 View Post

i have a rad and two blocks i have not been able to use for a while as i sold my last rig out of necessity and i lost my old fittings during my move to my new place. but now i have built a new rig and really all im missing to properly wc are these fittings ...if you will accept my submission to this giveaway i would really appreciate it as i have a really nice system with a very ugly coolermaster v8 aircooler lol...if not oh well thanks anyway...and good luck all
I will accept your submission.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I bought my water cooling stuff from @Jeronbernal he has been inactive due to his new job. But what I have is a EK Supremacy block nickle, with a 240mm SR1 radiator, MCP655 pump from Swiftech. Eventually planning to buy a 360mm rad and a waterblock for my lightning 290x.. Right now my fittings is this

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
All of my black bitspower fittings peeled on the inside. Its now all stuck in my blocks and I dont have the time to take them all apart individually and deep clean them.

I wouldnt take them, even for free, unless I was going to strip them first. Even then, there will be dissimilar metals in the loop that will probably corrode.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnighthawk666 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfcobra View Post

I will accept your submission.
thanks hfcobra i really do appreciate it man
Not a problem. My requirements are pretty specific so I want as many participants as possible.

Hopefully I can push someone to buy their first loop after winning!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I do plan to give them away eventually. It may just be later than Friday for the drawing.

I am working on getting my new fittings replaced at the moment and as soon as I have ones that work I'll end the contest and ship my old fittings to the winner.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoobs View Post

All of my black bitspower fittings peeled on the inside. Its now all stuck in my blocks and I dont have the time to take them all apart individually and deep clean them.

I wouldnt take them, even for free, unless I was going to strip them first. Even then, there will be dissimilar metals in the loop that will probably corrode.
Only one of my fittings had that problem. Also, the coating is nickel from what I read so having them stripped to show the brass is actually more similar than not.

You should clean your blocks about once a year regardless of having problems or not I believe.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
The black nickel plated ones just look like dark chrome. I believe these are powder coated. It could be from something I ran in my loop.

I either need to start cleaning my blocks regularly or go back to air. Not sure what I want to do. Just info for potential takers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts