Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by not l337
hmmm...always defragging? Wouldn't that slow down the system?
How powerfull of a system would you reccomend that this app be used on?
OK - when i say ALWAYS running - wot i mean to say is that it auto starts the second ur not using the pc - it uses no processing power at all when idle and only a tincy-wincy bit when it is going!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by iceblade008

OK - when i say ALWAYS running - wot i mean to say is that it auto starts the second ur not using the pc - it uses no processing power at all when idle and only a tincy-wincy bit when it is going!

SCORE!! Thanks man.

I will go and download it for them. If you think of any other ones let me know, maybe one of my friends wont like this one for some reason.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks IceBlade. My friends seem to be liking the one that defrags when the PC is idle.

Here is another question.

If someone wants to backup their files to external HD or DVD, what application is best used? I mean they have NERO 6, but... they are afraid of missing some things... blahh... I dont even know what the hell it is they want... but I think they are looking for a FREE (notice my friends only like free stuff) backup app.

Any suggestions o wise one?

·

29,532 Posts
Yes, copy+paste

• Rep+
Reactions: Sideburns

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX

Yes, copy+paste

AHAH!

I like that answer.

(he's right, basically)

Unless they wanna backup regularly a certain number of folders...then I dono...

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns

AHAH!

I like that answer.

(he's right, basically)

Unless they wanna backup regularly a certain number of folders...then I dono...

Copy+paste still works for that.
It's cheap, and you don't have to download anything.

• Rep+
Reactions: not l337

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
I love O&O, it's a great piece of software. It has a screensaver function so that whenever your not using the computer, it's defragging. Simmilar to the other program, very convienient.)

It's not a free program, but it never nags you about trials. (Download it, but it dosn't force you to register after a certain ammount of time.)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I am just curious, i download the magic degragger. But is it ever going to go off while I am folding. Or would i have to set the priority higher on the degrag then i would on folding?

·
Banned
1,917 Posts
I dont know if Diskeeper 10.002 is free but its what I have i got the cd at a garage sale for 4 dollars cause there pc died and i just updated it.

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipp
I love O&O, it's a great piece of software. It has a screensaver function so that whenever your not using the computer, it's defragging. Simmilar to the other program, very convienient.)

It's not a free program, but it never nags you about trials. (Download it, but it dosn't force you to register after a certain ammount of time.)
I use it too. It's VERY good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts