Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. Don't say use remote desktop, I can't. It's a comp at work and I would need their VPN username and password to get around the firewall, but they won't give it to me (I just asked) So, is there a free remote program that'll let me connect? Team Viewer works, but the sessions expire after a few minutes.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 31337 View Post
...It's a comp at work and I would need their VPN username and password to get around the firewall, but they won't give it to me (I just asked)
That right there might be your answer. You're asking us to help you break into a computer that they (whoever just said no) don't want you to be in.

Is it worth your job, in this economy, to try to out-do the sysadmin/netadmin at work?

edit:

ALSO against the TOS: "Discuss the circumvention of security-related applications"

I would think trying to get us to help you bypass security measures at work would fall into this.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
So is this your OWN computer that you're trying to remote into?!
With that aside...

You can try VNC. There are a bunch of variants, but I like TightVNC. There's both a server and a client executable. Since you say there is a firewall, try running the client in listen mode and reverse connect. Kind of a convoluted process but you can just google "tightvnc reverse connect" for more info.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Logmein.

• Rep+
Reactions: 31337

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
If its a work computer and the IT guys said no then they have a reason, and I'm sure its a smart one. Letting people access their work machines from home is how classified or confidential information gets out because people don't think about it. It also gives any bad guys another easy way into the network.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.