Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
chompSMS comes with its own service which isn't free, and I think it works with textfree or some other one that is free. Its built in, so you don't have to worry.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by nazster14
View Post

google voice =}

Google Voice gives u a different number right?

·
Registered
248 Posts
if you have a data plan wouldn't you have a texting plan? o_O

sorry if that's a bit off topic.

google voice will give you a different number. if you have sprint you can transfer your number to google voice

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
might not have a data plan but you can still text google voice over wifi.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoops
View Post

Google Voice gives u a different number right?

yes, it gives you a different number does or you can just use your email to send text(you need to know your recipients carrier.

for example verizon would be [email protected]

·
Registered
913 Posts
You can port your number to it for 20

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by henwyybwoi;14125832
if you have a data plan wouldn't you have a texting plan? o_O

sorry if that's a bit off topic.

google voice will give you a different number. if you have sprint you can transfer your number to google voice
I decided not to pay for texting

·
Registered
248 Posts
beluga requires your friends to all have to have the app as well though doesn't it? and that means all your friends you'd be able to keep in contact with has to have either android or iphone.

i think the best option for you is to use google voice through your phone and tell everyone to call you through your google voice number. it'll be easier on your friends who text and call you. just make sure your area code is the same because otherwise you could be charging your friends for long distance calling.

·
Registered
55 Posts
you can also text people who dont have beluga. but for your friends with the app on android or iphone, texting is free and you can also have group texts. the problem ive found with google voice are people who still text my carrier number since i also do not have a texting plan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts