Overclock.net banner

[Freebie] Newegg $35 Gift Card!

2371 15
Greetings OCN!

CLOSED! A winner has been picked!

As of today, I have officially been an OCN member for 10 years!! (and I lurked on the forums long before that!)
OCN has really helped me with turning an interest into a hobby, into a passion, and finally into a career. I want to give back to the community, so I would like to give away a $35 Newegg gift card to a member of OCN.
This will be in the form of a digital gift card, which will be sent directly to your email from Newegg. The winner will need to provide a valid email address within 24 hours of winning via PM to receive the prize (I will also PM you if you have won).

Rules/Requirements:
- Your OCN account should be at least 1 year old, have 100 posts, and 10 rep.
- Make a post in this thread for your entry; please do not PM me unless you have won.
- Tell me what impact OCN has had on you, or one of your favorite things about OCN while you have been a member.
- Winner will be chosen Sunday, August 30th 2020 around 3:00 PM EST. I will announce the winner in the OP and change the title status to closed.
- I am unfamiliar with how Newegg gift cards work in other countries. I will purchase the card from Newegg.com in the United States. Please contact Newegg if you are uncertain if the gift card can transfer to your region.

Thank you all for the help you have provided in the past! Cheers for the next 10 years!
Good luck to all!

Admin/Mods: Please contact me via PM if anything stated above violates OCN's ToS or Forum Rules.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Still kinda lost
3,896 Posts
I owe 99% of my PC knowledge to OCN no joke the greatest stumble for me.

· LTSC for life crew
6,698 Posts
In! I too owe most of my PC knowledge to OCN. I wouldn't have learned about computers without the site!

As far as my favorite thing about OCN, I've always loved the community and wide variety of viewpoints shared on here.

· ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,425 Posts
Greetings OCN!

As of today, I have officially been an OCN member for 10 years!! (and I lurked on the forums long before that!)
OCN has really helped me with turning an interest into a hobby, into a passion, and finally into a career. I want to give back to the community, so I would like to give away a $35 Newegg gift card to a member of OCN.
This will be in the form of a digital gift card, which will be sent directly to your email from Newegg. The winner will need to provide a valid email address within 24 hours of winning via PM to receive the prize (I will also PM you if you have won).

Rules/Requirements:
- Your OCN account should be at least 1 year old, have 100 posts, and 10 rep.
- Make a post in this thread for your entry; please do not PM me unless you have won.
- Tell me what impact OCN has had on you, or one of your favorite things about OCN while you have been a member.
- Winner will be chosen Sunday, August 30th 2020 around 3:00 PM EST. I will announce the winner in the OP and change the title status to closed.
- I am unfamiliar with how Newegg gift cards work in other countries. I will purchase the card from Newegg.com in the United States. Please contact Newegg if you are uncertain if the gift card can transfer to your region.

Thank you all for the help you have provided in the past! Cheers for the next 10 years!
Good luck to all!

Admin/Mods: Please contact me via PM if anything stated above violates OCN's ToS or Forum Rules.

ocn has sucked approximately 2-3 month of my lifetime because I got into ram overclocking

· Facepalm
11,657 Posts
OCN has allowed me to reach out and give people information about overclocking with safe voltages and amps limits on CPU's, along with posts by Elmor and others who have helped here, which were not available on any other forum or service, and that has been invaluable.

· Registered
92 Posts
guess i dont qualify. but ill say ocn has been the preferred source since building a ryzen 1700x system. last pc i put together before that was a pentium 4. made do with a couple of laptops in between. better yet, the members posts are guiding me towards smarter water cooling and water cooling accessory purchases. kind of wish i did more research back then. like most others, I've spent more on water cooling than on the actual pc itself. it wont be long before ill have enough spare parts to wc one of the nephews pc. that'll probably start them on the OC rabbit hole.

· Registered
5,555 Posts
Im in , and OCN has helped teach me alot of the knowledge i know on PC stuff especially watercooling!

· Still here...
10,276 Posts
Second this. Don't need it, but it is a great gesture.
I'll second that, and third the first thing :) Great bunch of highly knowledgeable people, most of whom who also have a great sense of humor :D

For me, OCN is the life...

(Renfro? Renfro? Where are you Renfro? Where did that eejit get off to now...)

· Rig Advisor
4,985 Posts
I'll second that, and third the first thing :) Great bunch of highly knowledgeable people, most of whom who also have a great sense of humor :D

For me, OCN is the life...

(Renfro? Renfro? Where are you Renfro? Where did that eejit get off to now...)
Oh my, so now you want to go tit for tat. The second thing was missed in the first string.

Attachments

· Registered
455 Posts
I come from era before computers or phones as just woods .. It has helped me evolve from TV Tennis to World of Warships on my own hardware as magazines was the start of opening the world before the Internet and moved up from windows 98 virus to high tech CIA Black Ops Window 10 ... what more can i say lol .

· Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
In! I too owe most of my PC knowledge to OCN. I wouldn't have learned about computers without the site!

As far as my favorite thing about OCN, I've always loved the community and wide variety of viewpoints shared on here.
And the random selector has chosen you to be the winner! Please PM me an email address to send your Newegg card to.

Thank you all for your time. I enjoyed reading the responses and hope to be able to do something like this again in a few months.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.