Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question:

Did AMD ever release support for freesync in windowed mode in any recent driver updates?

I've been using 16.11.5 drivers for awhile now and was wondering if updating is worth it.

BTW, I don't have the proper gear/accessories to test it myself, thus prompting this question.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Although I'm getting conflicting messages, thanks for the heads up.

Well, my LG 34UC79 monitor finally arrived, so I'll give it a try. The only game that I would really run windowed is Diablo 3 as it doesn't support 21:9 aspect ratio in full screen mode.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catbebi View Post

Although I'm getting conflicting messages, thanks for the heads up.

Well, my LG 34UC79 monitor finally arrived, so I'll give it a try. The only game that I would really run windowed is Diablo 3 as it doesn't support 21:9 aspect ratio in full screen mode.
You will get conflicting answers because the tech is just not there yet. For some it works flawlessly and other not so much. There are so many varying configurations for PCs that its hard to make something work across the board. however with AMD's budget that's no excuse. For instance I have seen reports that the flickering is largely due to some samsung panels, nothing wrong with them but AMD's freesync just happens to not play well with them. I dont have a samsung panel but mine is most likely a rebrand so who knows it might be. Recent driver updates helped, but still hit or miss. Only one game has worked with zero flickering for me from start to finish and that's GTAV for some reason. Hope we helped some. If I had the option now id opt for gsync as AMD has no GPUs that fit my demanding needs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts