Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Premium Member
985 Posts
Are "valid" scores on futuremark required?

I saw this, but it could mean validating that the screenshot is legit or it could mean that it's a clean run without changing LOD or disabling tesselation.
Normally we say this to check against the screenshot.

I think as for tweaks we shall follow HWBots past rulings, so tessellation tweaks and LOD are fine for FS. But LOD and tess tweaking are banned for TS, AFAIK.

· Premium Member
985 Posts
I've been doing some digging but mostly all I'm finding is people talking about custom BIOS for mining (presumably with lower voltages).

assuming the memory straps work like the 7000/R9 series at the very least you should be able to fairly easily edit the memory timing straps.

apparently there's even a tool to make it a bit easier that I found here, so you don't need to dick around with a hex editor and GPU-Z.
There is a better Polaris bios editor, however some of the links from "mining" websites are dodgy and sometimes contain malware, so be warned.

I can attach a working copy of the editor in a few weeks when I have access to it again.

· Premium Member
985 Posts
I grabbed one RX580 from eBay, no crazy binning for me this time. I scored this Red Devil Golden Sample for a little over $100 shipped, there are many more in that price range too!! I also have a 1060 6GB to play with, but that one comes later.

Quick test with stock cooler, stock thermal paste, and +100mV applied in software: 1520/2200 in Firestrike hitting a max of 62c

The Core PWM is IR3567B
The Memory PWM is APW8722A
There are at least two supporting voltage rails. GS7256 and GS9238
Memory IC: Micron D9VVR, Part Number: MT51J256M32HF-80

Once I measure voltage and take a closer look at this card I will be able to determine the usage of the supplemental rails. The core PWM is digital and running I2C, so EvC2 would be a great choice for this card. The memory and PLL/AUX rails will need a manual voltmod. The stock capping in this board looks pretty nice, I will add some more but I don't expect to achieve much from this. It's a very solid design from the factory...no external VRM modding for me this time (as long as EvC2 is working with no limits).
Snap! Haha, I have the exact same card. :D

· Premium Member
985 Posts
@5erveD Stoked you can join us! Invite your benching friends too!!
@Noxinite Nice card choice my dude! Do you have the EVC2? I checked last night, support is already built in for this PWM!!

For those who may be reading along and don't know, the EVC2 is in the simplest terms, a device that allows unlimited voltage control of the core voltage. It speaks the language of the PWM controller and allows the user to edit many features such as voltage, LLC, OCP, and others.
https://www.elmorlabs.com/index.php/product/evc2/
:O I do actually! Not had a chance to use it yet though, this might be very interesting then. ;)

· Premium Member
985 Posts
This might be the third time (definitely second) we have both ended up with the same exact card without talking about it...how funny :D :h34r-smi
Well, I've had my card for 4 months, sooooo. :p

Update to the OP underway, some details have changed and others clarified (will update this when finished).

Update finished - 2019.12.24 - 09:00 UTC

· Premium Member
985 Posts
Definitely will but not sure if any of the Dutch/Belgium overclockers will join. Not many left actually.

Been searching some rx580 cards and not seeing much benefit of the 8gb versions.
Anybody got more info on if any benefit at all ?

About to get my hands on a RX 580 4gb Nitro+. Might get several if all works out.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk
Not sure if there are any benefits for these benchmarks, how much vram does Time Spy need? Edit: I just checked and TSE needs at least 4GB, so normal TS should be fine with 4GB.

I only got an 8GB as it was my daily for the last few months.

· Premium Member
985 Posts
I checked a few top spots on the bot and the Russian hardware master _12_ is using a 4GB for the #1 scores for Timespy and Fire Strike.
The only thing it couold benefit from is the higher clocked mem. Could, in theory, give a higher overclockable mem which could help.

Not sure, so we just have to find out.
The only thing to note also is that many people have played with the timings (for mining mainly) so it's not always the best thing to look at memory clocks and try and compare. *Shrug* Maybe we'll find out.

Always, looking at his scores it is a bit odd as the card appears to not have any hard mods in his pictures? And he's only at 1.35V @-80C (not sure about temp), which also is odd.

· Premium Member
985 Posts
Round 3 is looking sweet :)

for now going on ambient, maybe will get to cold juice in the meantime.

Spi32: 331.655s

Pifast: 11.29s
Added. XD Too keen.

· Premium Member
985 Posts
12 tell me his card have cold bug around -85. there is a chance 8gg ics on rx 580 have better overclock potential then 4gb
Interesting, thanks for the info! That might explain when the 1060 appears better on LN2. Although, with AMD "fine wine" it is hard to tell always.

do i post my results here in the comment section?

btw GPU TEMP download doesnt work for me (tried firefox and chrome)
Are you sure? I downloaded in on Firefox and W10 just the other day.

· Premium Member
985 Posts
Put me in for Extreme, keeping a minimum temp of 20c is too annoying in the middle of winter.
The 1050 isn't going to put up much of a fight but I'll see what it does with chilled water and a vgpu mod.

Pifast - 12.20s

TS - 2205 @ 2067/1750 1.15V
http://www.3dmark.com/spy/9878264

FS - 8067 @ 2067/1750 1.15V
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/21347729

R20 - 4059 (676.5)
Added.

Quick test
We need a rig picture and valid Futuremark links (I see the scores were validated online in the screenshots, but we still need the link please). :)

· Premium Member
985 Posts
Hi,
understand correct? LoD allowed in FS and TS

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk
No. From the OP: "For clarification, the Futuremark links are needed for validation of the score and SystemInfo version. In addition, for Fire Strike tesselation and LOD tweaks are allowed, however for Time Spy NEITHER tesselation or LOD tweaks are allowed"

· Premium Member
985 Posts
Sorry only FS lod and tes allowed, TS nothing!?

Gesendet von meinem ELE-L29 mit Tapatalk
Yes, this is consistent with both HWBot and Futuremark.

Only test card.

One question: Do we need to run all test or we can do only GT?

FS https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/42390319

Graphics Score 17747

TS https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/42390555

Graphics Score 5679
Added.

You need to run the entire bench, otherwise we cannot tell if default settings were used.

Hey dudes,

My first 2 results:

Pifast - 12.20s

Spi32m - 355.984s
Added.

Here are some possible leads for the use of the Asus OC panel 2 hotwire function for the GTX 1060 Strix OC gaming 6GB.
I have done some extensive searching but there isn't much info to be found on the subject.
Apart from Shamino R4E guide. Which can be found here:

downloads.hwbot.org/downloads/PDF/R4E_shamino_guide.pdf

With this knowledge and looking at some other cards I "ASSUME" this would be the way to hook up the panel.
I am trying to get some of this info confirmed but not sure when that will be.

See the picture for info.

In order to overcome the power limit you could solder the shunt resistor.
Also this mod isn't tested yet. And I am not sure if it is needed or would give any benefit.

The voltage controller is the uP 9511p. In which case you would need the FB pin, which is number 31.
See attached picture. The datasheet is pretty easy to find if you search for uP 9511s.

The rambling Wig from the UK - AHOC, made a video about the controller.
There is always something to learn from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Y_zbJOb7E

So this is what I was able to get up with. Use it in your advantage but not any garantee is giving that these mods actually work. I haven't done them myself yet as I am waiting for some conformation which could take a few weeks. But I wanted to share what I was able to find.
If you have any more questions just ask! I might be able to help out or not ;-)
Please, keep us informed if you find anything that works or some other things to modify the card.
It never hurts to help!

Now, have fun and go murder some cards!
Thanks for sharing!

· Premium Member
985 Posts

· Premium Member
985 Posts

· Premium Member
985 Posts
Happy New Year everyone.

I found the BIOS Editor I used for my RX 580 for my daily, please find it attached.

Attachments

· Premium Member
985 Posts
hi guyz thanks again for amazing competition =) lets have fun everybody !
my first subs for ambient category
Added - you don't need CPU-Z though. :D

· Premium Member
985 Posts
Would am RX 480 be allowed as well?
Afaik it's pretty similar to an RX 580.
We had this discussion before and decided to just stick to the same series of cards as the ideal ones we picked, because otherwise it gets to a massive pain if we let all older cards compete - we then need to figure out if any of them would have an unfair advantae - or had been binned previously. Also, if we just allowed the odd exception then people might complain as to why we didn't let the card they have compete. Edit: RX 400 series are allowed - OP edited to reflect. @RealStickman

1.7.2 bios editor and srb bios editor.
With wattool you can set any voltage and freq for GPU on most version of rx cards work fine with my sapphire cards.
Thanks!

doing some quick testing before heading out the door.....
Added.

One more really quick....
Added.

Did a little testing tonight but only got a half decent time for PiFast - Ambient

When saving the result I was getting a strange glitch that makes it look like there is 2 result boxes, I've not seen it before and it seems to happen every time.
I need a rig picture please! Also, if you have bug to report to Matt you can do that here: https://community.hwbot.org/topic/190025-the-official-benchmate-support-thread/.

Added.

update guyz ^^
Added.

Remember people that you don't need CPU-Z for the 2D benches - you can use just Benchmate! Also, preferably there would be a rig picture with each submission, however this will not be enforced particularly strictly.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.