Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember back with my old p3's games always froze and windows had problems and u had to hard reboot.

Now obviously its a lot different, but every now and then (very rare like once in 2 maybe 3 weeks) i will freeze in game.

I play CS:S. im just wondering if this is a normal occurance for a computer or if my overclock could be causing it. I was 12 hours prime95 stable on it, when it freezes my comp will be stuck on a noise a lot, high pitch or somthing repeating over and over, untill i hit the restart button. Let me know what u guys think, if i should try to run prime for longer or if this would happen even on stock speeds.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Just sounds like maybe something is getting a little tired. Maybe bump the CPU Vcore another notch, or try cleaning some of your equipment like your CPU cooler, and your PSU. Its not normal for it to just freeze up, something is causeing it to do so. Also more then likely this problem will get worse and worse. So id just try a good cleaning, and see what happens from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts