Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having some troubels with my copmputer righ now. ive got the BSOD a couple of times adn it seems to be running slower than normal. it is about a year and a hlaf old also. if i do a fresh re-install of windows xp will i see improvement?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
what is the blue screen error code?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>biatchi</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">what is the blue screen error code?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
what do u mean? i just get a blue sreenad and a whole bunch of letetrs and what not.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
the code in the brackets<br><br><br>
you usually only need the first 3 brackets

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>biatchi</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">the code in the brackets<br><br><br>
you usually only need the first 3 brackets</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
o. i have no isdea. im usually too mad to read it and just restart my computer.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
well next time it does it write the code down and google it. if not a fresh reinstall will most likely cure your problems if its not hardware related

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Usually when you get the message, write it all down, post it here, and we'll probably be able to help you, (other's more then me, i'm not familiar in this area, but it'll definately help the problem!)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, that code will at least tell you if the error is Hardware or Software related. A fresh install is usually a good thing to do at least once a year if you happen to install / uninstall a ton of programs from time to time. Although, a fresh install won't help you if the error is hardware related...then again, it will still be "better" than it was before.<br />
<br />
I did a fresh install from the ground up a while ago and installed all NEEDED software and drivers that I needed for windows to run properly. Then I used Drive Image Pro to make an image of my C: drive. (You can also use Norton Ghost or another drive imaging software.) Now, every six months, I use my image to overwrite my C: drive which takes me only 10-15 minutes to get to a pure -n- clean interface. Just an idea.<br />
<br />
Xaine99

1 - 8 of 8 Posts