Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Rep+
Reactions: Modki

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Pretty nice. I just got home from an orchestra concert a few hours ago.

Don't worry guys, I don't play a violin or one of those feminine type instruments. I play bass.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
...? So because it's bigger and lower that makes it masculine? hehe.

That vid was niiice hahaha. I have this song where someone combined this song and "bootylicious" into one. It actually sounds great.

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Why is it that everytime an orchestra composition of a "modern" song is made it simply rocks 100 times more than the original version? Odd how that happens.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by not l337

OHHHH SNAP!!! That was sweet. Brings back old memories of drunk guitarists commiting suicide...

I have to disagree that Kurt Cobain comitted suicide, but thats for another topic.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
A few months ago, my school orchestra played Purple Haze. In ours, a guy who played in the orchestra a few years ago (was in college at the time) played the guitar part (he was GOOD - Star Spangled Banner Hendrix-intro and all), and the orchestra was a sort of accompaniment...

Theirs was pretty interesting, though...

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInformationator

...? So because it's bigger and lower that makes it masculine? hehe.

That vid was niiice hahaha. I have this song where someone combined this song and "bootylicious" into one. It actually sounds great.

Exactly. If you knew the kids in my high school orchestra you would understand. I'd say why people think of male upper-string players, but that would be kind of condescending and I would probably be violating the TOS and a few members here might be pretty mad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts