Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys a few hours ago i was running 3dmark06 i was on the cpu testing part, decided to go out and smoke when i got back the computer was turned off and when i tried to turn the power nothing... pulled everything part including cpu, still the same it wont power up. i narrowed three of the problems either i have a fried cpu, or mobo, or loose contact from the cpu socket, i can see my ethernet lite up everytime i turn on the power. i tred my old 3000+ venice and same results.. anymore ideas i can try so i can narrow down and trouble shoot this problem? and by the way which of the connectors u have to ground/ in order to turn on the psu? and oh yeah prior to running 3dmark06 my opteron was running 5 hours occt so its safe to say its was stable.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If your ethernet light is on it's not the PSU... Pull the CPU and look for corrosion or discoloration. Reseat the RAM as well. Clean your contacts with DeoxIt or Rubbing Alchohol (if you use alchohol give everything 30 minutes to dry).

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Auchter

If your ethernet light is on it's not the PSU... Pull the CPU and look for corrosion or discoloration. Reseat the RAM as well. Clean your contacts with DeoxIt or Rubbing Alchohol (if you use alchohol give everything 30 minutes to dry).

Nope no signs of discoloration, im assuming ur referrng to signs of cpu being fryed or burnt indications right?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dotn think its the processor. cuz if its the processor thats fried it should atleast power up the lights and stuff. i think it my 4 pin atx connector thats messed up, i tried jumping the psu and plugged in the 4pin and the power supply stopped working. so im thinking its my mobo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.