Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went to take my CPU Fan off today because my cpu temps were WAYYY to high and i was trying to find the problem(they were at 90C). I put everything back together and the comp will boot, but its like there is no connection between it and my moniter. I put everything back on my old mobo and it works fine so im assuming i fried the mobo somehow even though i grounded myself and was very careful. Not really sure why i posted this but maybe someone else knows of the problem with the old mobo. Thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
try clearing the CMOS, pull out the little battery looking thingy for like 10 minutes or so then put it back. if that doesnt work, theres always tech support with our friend achmadrashid

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
If necessary, also unplug the PS and toggle the PS ON/OFF switch too, it can hold residual electricity.

·
Registered
273 Posts
good idea, if that doesnt work make sure all the jumpers are set correctly. i almost thrashed an old asus a7n8x (socket a) cuz i thought it was dead, i had the same problem u had. it turned out to be the cmos jumpers and i had to clear the cmos by taking out the battery

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just wanted to toss in the fact that the power light on the mobo, and these little green numbers that im guessing display the voltage come on, i really dont understand why its doing this. Do fried mobo's lights still come on?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I'm no expert on the AN7 ... are there 2 numbers and if so they should be a trouble code.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
The cores of the Athlon XP are VERY delicate and if you crush the core the exact thing will happen.

The motherboard will look fine but there will be no boot or recognition of the bootstrap.

This is the reason both Intel and AMD moved to the IHS (Integrated Heat Spreader).

I have seen this happen to many people who remove the heatsink assembly and replace it angularly thus crushing a corner of the core.

R

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im using the CPU right now, all id id was replace the mobo with my old one so im assuming its not the cpu? =/

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Check your keyboard, In the right hole? This problem plagued me for quite some time untill I found out it was as simple as plugging the keyboard in the right socket!

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts