Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanb213
View Post

yea, that card will not hold up to any games.a gtx 260 can be had for around $180 nowadays

Hi, I'm 'Friend'. Believe me, I realize that a video card upgrade would be extremely nigh if I were to go with this system, and I have no worries about doing that.

Basically I'm going for sheer value, as I don't want to burn alot of money on a new system right out of the gate. But at the same time, I'd like something that is substantially upgradeable when the need and/or desire for faster components arises.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow_419 View Post
Why are you resistent to building yourself? You could get a much better system that way.
The answer I came across in my hunt for potential new systems comes in the form of a question: Why should I pay more to inconvenience myself?

In fact, the very first avenue I explored was building my own. But after numerous price comparisons, I've found that it consistently costs more to build System X on your own than to order System X pre-built and ready to roll out of the box.

I'm not saying that a build it yourself is not without it's merits. Especially for the hardcore gamers out there who want to squeeze every drop of power out of their rigs, but me?...

I'm still running on a P4 2.8, and the only real reason I feel the need to upgrade is because I would like to be ready to go when Star Trek Online hits store shelves. I don't think I could call myself a "casual" gamer, but really, I just want a basic system that I can upgrade over time to meet future needs. I won't be spending much time trying to boost my 3DMark score by a few digits.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coma117 View Post
The answer I came across in my hunt for potential new systems comes in the form of a question: Why should I pay more to inconvenience myself?

In fact, the very first avenue I explored was building my own. But after numerous price comparisons, I've found that it consistently costs more to build System X on your own than to order System X pre-built and ready to roll out of the box.

I'm not saying that a build it yourself is not without it's merits. Especially for the hardcore gamers out there who want to squeeze every drop of power out of their rigs, but me?...

I'm still running on a P4 2.8, and the only real reason I feel the need to upgrade is because I would like to be ready to go when Star Trek Online hits store shelves. I don't think I could call myself a "casual" gamer, but really, I just want a basic system that I can upgrade over time to meet future needs. I won't be spending much time trying to boost my 3DMark score by a few digits.

Well what about Tadaen, do you two live close to each other?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.