Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure I could figure this out, but he just wants to make sure the computer we build could run WoW and not lag or freeze up. What do you guys recomend?

I was thinking about AMD, socket 939. My old PC used to use that and it worked fine. Plus its cheaper now that Intel released Core 2 Duo.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
go am2
future proof and uber cheap OK cpus

whats the budget? or as low as possible?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just the cheapest he can spend to play it. Would be nice if the settings could be put on high but that doesnt matter as long as whatever settingd he uses does not lag.

Edit** Forgot to mention, one reason I was thinking socker 939 is b/c I have my old CPU still, it was a AMD 3000, I know its not the best but hey ya cant beat free. But seing as prices have fallen so much I dunno if its worth it to keep it.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
ill price out something around the 3000+ then

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
the 3000+ 939 would be fine...if it's a Venice, then it's overclockable like mad.

Then just 2x512mb of value ram (good value ram though lol)...and like...a 7600GT

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns
the 3000+ 939 would be fine...if it's a Venice, then it's overclockable like mad.

Then just 2x512mb of value ram (good value ram though lol)...and like...a 7600GT
Or even a 7600GS. I would get the 7600GTS though. Can't beat $99 after $15.00 rebate.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
other then the processor, you have anything else you can give him?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdattilo
Or even a 7600GS. I would get the 7600GTS though. Can't beat $99 after $15.00 rebate.
that better then the x1600 pro overclocked gddr3?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I got one gig of OCZ ram I paid over 100 bucks for lol. It has GREAT timings. I think really all he needs is a new MB, and case with power supply and hard drive

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and video card

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks man. I think that looks pretty sweet really.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
that mobo is an AWESOME overclocker

takes a bit of figuring out, but you can ask me about it

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I figured out the Asus P5B Deluxe fairly well after asking some people a few questions so I think I should be allright with the DFI. Plus the first PC I ever tried OC on was my original socket 939 so I might have more success with his new pc then my new Intel build lol

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Check my ultra low budget build in my FAQ below. That should max it out. But maybe tone down the CPU and add RAM...it (WoW) loves the ram.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts