Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But after the installation process finishes and restarts the phone is left unchanged.

So after searching around for alternative methods of downloading/ installing OTA Froyo, I found out that the official OTA update was causing all sorts of issues and in some cases bricked devices. Even Cyanogen hasn't released a ROM for the Captivate... I'm starting to think the Captivate is the runt of the Galaxy S line. :T

Does anybody know a stable, fast, and fully functional ROM for the Captivate? I'm used to searching around the Leo HD2 forums so I wouldn't know what's the best ROM for the Captivate. Tia!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbudden
View Post

Why not hit up XDA-Developers?

I have but since theres so many I don't know which is the best ROM available for the Captivate, and since I don't own a Captivate I can't test out each ROM individually to see which has the best to offer.

Cyanogen, Cotulla, Darkstone, & M-Deejay are the only names I trust since I've been flashing ROM's for the HD2 only. Which explains why I'm here asking Captivate owners for their opinions since I have no knowledge or experience with Galaxy ROMs.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
it's pretty much trial and error. you pretty much go with one that you like using theres not really "the right one" out there thats why there are soo many.

theres 2.2 roms with new updates
theres ASOP roms which are stock google
and many other features its more personal opinion than anything

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=900568

I'm in love with this rom, and this is an excellent developer. Also, the OTA came out? Since when?

I guess that's just the word on the streets. Not that I have any proof but I'm just assuming by the rumors and the fact that AT&T was allowing my friend to download the OTA.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
There was a maintanence OTA, but not a Froyo OTA. That's probably what they were talking about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts