Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again I helped out a fellow friend here in the dorms on base and this is what I managed to get for him. ^^ Total costs were about $550 and I've got a copy of Windows 7 Home here for him and a case is on the way from my house back in Florida. ^^

AMD Athlon II x4
ASUS M4A79 Deluxe AM2/AM2+/AM3 Combo board
4GB Corsair DDR2 800mhz
x2 ATI 5670s for CrossfireX (It'll give him some leg room to play some games if he ever cares to. Mostly for movies on his TV though.)
500GB Western Digital SATA HDD
x22 CD/DVD Burner
550w Corsair PSU

So how's that look for an everyday PC build?
It's going to be used, like stated just before, for media purposes and perhaps some gaming. Here's a picture of all the parts. The CPU is already installed on the Motherboard.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradey
View Post

nice
whay did you go with the 5670's
how much did they cost?

It was about $90 a card or so. ^^ one was enough for the setup he had but wasn't enough if he cared to game, which he said he would eventually probably do, so I ended up getting another for CFX reasons.

Here's mah first time with a little bit of cable management. It's done, but I think I need a little help next time. ^^

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Very nice little setup there

I have yet to get a hold of one of those blue HIS cards...they look pretty sweet

I wonder how the 5670's perform on crossfire...now you have me interested (goes googling)

·
Premium Member
9,379 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by firestormcomputers
View Post

I want to see some 5670 CFX benching.

this

·
Registered
22 Posts
I though that 5670 can't be in a crossfire setup?! It doesn't even have a Crossfire socket...Anyway, nice build there

LE: I might be wrong but i don't understand how those can crossfire without crossfire bridge! xD

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
CFX over PCIe. You can run two cards crossfired without a cable, if memory serves. It may just be the low end cards, but I heard of someone doing it with 4890s. Google will tell you more, as I no longer have ATI cards to test this with.

·
Old ain't dead
2,779 Posts
You dont need the cable.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Two 5670s are a little better than one 5770 with the same Vram amount. The cards have their own individual clocks and as such have much increased bandwidth when paired together compared to a single 5770. That's the only real difference though.

5670s are NICE cards. Two are easily usable in Dirt 2, AvP on med settings, etc. They're excellent cards for Media purposes. Yeah, he got the deal of the century with me. Good to know that I can help people out. ^.^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts